ZJ wobble issues....again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZJ wobble issues....again...

well...ive got a 93 ZJ w / 4in BDS short arm lift and 2" spacers on top....me and armand tweeked the steering and i upgraded to the v8 setup....the tre's look good...put on new steering stablizer and the toe in is 1/8"....ive checked all the bushings in the CA's and they are pretty much new....(i bought this jeep off a guy on CL).....the only thing is when i turn left it'll hop like a bastard...other times ill go over big ass pothole and its fine....i looked again to check for worn stuff underneath and the only thing i could find is the bushings on the axle that connect to the UCA's are factory originals....think these may be the culprit?....i also plan on getting rid of the spacers today...and just keeping the 4" lift only....i know this has been covered probably a billion times and there are a billion different fixes....but id like to hear your feedback...i also have adj. track bars front and rear,too....aside from upgrading to a long arm what are my options?
    99 XJ on tons and 40s....

hows the trackbar bushings/joints?
    caster?
    tre's?
    ps box loose?
    make yourself a list and basically check them off as you check all possible sources.

Comment

Well i replaced tre's and drag link w new moog parts and got rid of spacers( thank god) now thats its lower the ride is better but i think i have to adjust the front track bar a tad cause axle is offset to psgr side. Steering definitely feels more solid,too. And another thing the tires seem like they are sticking out more on the top vs bottom , why? Checked unit bearings and they are tight so what else could it be? The lift kit is new bds 4" lift and almost everything else is new/ newish...

Comment

Also set the toe in 1/8" which is whats called for in this application

Comment

Hows the balljoints?
          God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by LittleD View Post
            Hows the balljoints?
            I was thinking this.. D30 balljoints aren't the strongest!

Comment

Working...
            X