Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• axle suggestions

8.8 or d44???? . . . jk

looking to widen the stance of my cj but not full width. prob a 29 spline 8.25 in the back but i dunno what i can put up front. key here is passanger side drop. same bolt pattern a plus but not neccessary as i can easily carry 2 spares.

or any other axle suggestions f/r? i dont want to go full width. keep in mind this isn't going to be some crazy built axles. this is offroad only and will prob be welded spiders front/rear.
    2 tj's
    3 yj's
    2 xj's
    i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

id still vote 8.8. stronger than the 8.25, parts are found super easy if you break something and you get disc brakes. you can also find them with 4.10s in them already if thats what gearing your at. thats what i did.

Comment

scout44's had passenger side drops, not sure which year tho.

Comment

toy axles
        95 xj JY 3" 35" truxus mt's

Comment

Chevy 10-bolt fronts are pass drop. any K-truck will have them.
          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
          MK2 Jetta > M3
          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

how strong are those yota axles? they're gonna be taking a beating.

didnt think about the k trucks. although trying to stay away from full width... mainly because the jeep wont fit on the trailer with full width axles lol.
            2 tj's
            3 yj's
            2 xj's
            i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

Originally posted by Arundlemcbrundle View Post
              how strong are those yota axles? they're gonna be taking a beating.

didnt think about the k trucks. although trying to stay away from full width... mainly because the jeep wont fit on the trailer with full width axles lol.
              The 1500 10bolts weren't much wider than my Jeep axles. It's a half-ton truck. IDK what the exact measurements were, but they're close.
              MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

Run fullwidth axles with Stock H1 wheels. They have 7" of backspacing, sucks the tires in alot.
                Bent Fab Evo4 Rockwell Buggy
                2011 Silverado 6.2L LT
                2009 Pontiac G8 GT
                2004 Z1000
                1999 TJ

Comment

I have HP D60 that will bolt right in sprung over. A little more than junk yard axle.
                  63" wide.
                  Set up for spring over YJ springs. Shaved so only 1/2" lower under the diff than 44 but smoother, 5/16 thick cover. Chrome Molley 35 spline inner shafts new spicer joints, new king pins, brakes are still like new, Warren hubs and hub protectors, 8 lugs.

I was planning on cutting up the rear HP steering locked out D60 but if you want it I'll still sell it. that is a ball joint centered diff with steering locked out 35 spline chrome molly inner and outers, with slugs. High steer arms and 1 ton links.

You will not find another bolt in HP D60 KP front axle.

I kind of want to keep the gears and spool I have a set of 4.10open you can have.

With high steer with 4.10 open and 1 ton steering $1500

Sorry best picture I have online
                  RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                  www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                  Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

chevy 10bolts are JUNK!, you sneeze on the gas peddle and they blow!

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                      chevy 10bolts are JUNK!, you sneeze on the gas peddle and they blow!
                      They withstood a built 400sb, Detroits, and 20 years of hard plowing just fine.
                      MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

theres that bronco 9" rear that armand is selling

i got a junkyard chevy 60 for $200 complete. passenger drop and very cheap as long as you don't start pulling it apart and upgrading shit.
                        Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 11-14-2011, 11:11 PM.
                        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                          scout44's had passenger side drops, not sure which year tho.
                          I believe I still have one of these kickin around that i'd be willing to part with... just sayin.
                          "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                          It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

If you want to build a front axle.
                            I have Ford 30 spline D44 parts 5x5.5 complete shafts to hub locks $40 needs u-joints and I would replace the brakes. You could also take a HP D30 and retube with these outers.

HP D44 Center section $100 Ground out to fit D50 gears. I'll throw in the carrier and bearings to make it work. and D50 3.55 (not 100%) gears.

Do you want D60 unitbearing outers? but I'm going spindles since I already own 35spline Ten factory shafts.
                            I made 5on5.5 hubs, I can sell you a set of inner C's knuckles etc. I have 2 sets of stock outers shafts, and 1 set of D50 inner shafts.
                            The D50 shafts are 30 spline and will work with a D44 or upgrade to 35spline ARB and run D60 shafts.

If your interested we can talk about price and whatnot.

I also have a complete junk ford 80's KP HP DRW D60 $450

Sorry I have a bunch of random stuff.
                            RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                            www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                            Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
                              They withstood a built 400sb, Detroits, and 20 years of hard plowing just fine.
                              you must have experimentals ones, I've seen em blow in easily, besides if I was going to upgrade it wouldn't be to those

Comment

Working...
                              X