front end weirdness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front end weirdness

When I'm taking a tight turn in a parking lot my it seems almost like my front axle is partially in 4 wheel. The tires kind of chatter and the wheel moves a small amount. It doesn't feel like it's completely in 4 wheel because I know what that feels like on dry pavement. I have the 242 if that helps at all.
    1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
    1999 sierra
    1967 M725 Big and Slow
    -Dan

u joints/hubs

Comment

mine does the same thing in parking lots when i turn it basically full lock either way the front end almost like hops. i think its something to do with the alignment. I have brand new u joints and hubs in the front so i don't think it has anything to do with those.
      99 xj, 3" RC, 35" BFG AT red labels, custom rear bumper, SYE, armor, Hellas, waggy 44's fr+rr, 5.13's ,lunchbox lockers fr+rr, rear disk conversion,rock crusher covers frt+rr, beefy homemade 1 ton highsteer setup

Comment

oh yay I take it these ujoints will be significantly more expensive than my driveshaft ones too? I'm just gunna steal some. I know this grey xj down my street that's a perfect candidate.
        1999 sierra
        1967 M725 Big and Slow
        -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
          oh yay I take it these ujoints will be significantly more expensive than my driveshaft ones too? I'm just gunna steal some. I know this grey xj down my street that's a perfect candidate.
          shits in FFLD bitch!

Comment

dah! I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids.
            1999 sierra
            1967 M725 Big and Slow
            -Dan

Comment

its normal. no worries.
              winng. all the goddamned time.

**MY STATEMENTS AND/OR OPINIONS IN NO WAY REFLECT THOSE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.

Comment

Working...
              X