LP30 chromoly shafts for WJ..need opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LP30 chromoly shafts for WJ..need opinions

i found a deal for custom chromoly shafts for the WJ...heres the scoop..

nobody makes these for the D30 on a WJ except IRO for $800 and since the WJ D30 is wider than tj xj and zj, i cannot just swap shafts from them into mine..

some guys have had custom inners made from dutchman motorsports, and then just use xj or tj outers, take the tone rings off the stock CV shafts from the WJ and get them machined onto the xj or tj outers..

i found used ones made by IRO for $450 located in Jersey and got him to go down to 350$ pretty easily i shold have tried 300 lol but i cant complain...he claims they're only 6 months old and been wheeled 4 times..

main reason im interested in these is because the stock CV's break pretty easily open with 32's ive heard and i plan on running 33's soon locked up front and just for a peace of mind having the chromoly shafts..

what do you guys think? worth it
    -Jason
    99WJ 4.0
    IRO 3", SYE, D30 aussie/8.8 aussie, 4.10s, 33's, skids/bumpers

Aside from the WJ 30 being wider is the bracketry the same as an xj or tj? If the bracketry is the same why not swap in one of those and buy some wheel spacers? Get 297 or 760 u joints and call it a day.

Comment

bracketry is different, and the chromolys come with the 760s
      -Jason
      99WJ 4.0

Comment

buy them i guess. seems cheap enough for chromoly shafts.

or just get this
        http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch..._Code=IR-WJKFA

Comment

lol, if i was gonna go bigger than 33's id look into matching front and rear axles, as of now the gameplan is make the front work with 33s locked, 8.8 rear locked..
          -Jason
          99WJ 4.0

Comment

Working...
          X