15x10 wheel backspacing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15x10 wheel backspacing?

So I am looking into getting 15x10 wheels on my next jeep. Any thoughts or opinions on them? Good or bad idea overall?

I know that the tires would be a little shorter than on 15x8 rims, but I also heard that they will wear more evenly because they are obviously more spread out....

Also, If I was to go with 15x10, would the backspacing still be around 3.25-3.75" backspacing like on a 15x8 rim? I am trying to stick out an inch or 2 over the stock flares without rubbing/trimming on 6.5" lift.
    97 Chevy Blazer LT 2" Body lift, 2" Suspension lift, 31" General Grabbers AT2. Sold
    96 Jeep XJ Classic 6.5" RC lift with 33" Duratracs. Sold
    00 Jeep XJ Sport 4.5" lift 33" BFG MudTerrains

backspacing is the distance from the inside lip of the wheel to the mounting surface.

a 3.25" backspaced 10" wheel will stick out 2" more than a 3.25" backspaced 8" wheel.

and good luck fitting 10's with stock flares. pretty much guaranteed you will rub the front and back of the flares. when you turn the tire swings back and forth more than a narrower wheel.

if you are running 12.5's or less just stick to an 8" wheel imo. they hold the bead a little tighter as well when aired down.
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Yea, I probably will stil with the 8". I just wanna hear what people have to say.
      97 Chevy Blazer LT 2" Body lift, 2" Suspension lift, 31" General Grabbers AT2. Sold
      96 Jeep XJ Classic 6.5" RC lift with 33" Duratracs. Sold
      00 Jeep XJ Sport 4.5" lift 33" BFG MudTerrains

Comment

Have tens, wish I had 8's
        dirty30

Comment

8's are the way to go with a 12.5
          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
          X