Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

head gasket replacement problem/battery drain after about a week????!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head gasket replacement problem/battery drain after about a week????!

So I plan on replacing a head gasket that i got in a jeep that i purchased for a great price. I was wondering how long on average it takes for you or on average for anyone to do a head gasket in a straight 6. I have somewhat/decent mechanical experience but I have never taken a head off of a car. I have all the right tools, air tools, car lift in garage (sweet right), and anything else you can think of. I know it's a straight 6 and I heard its cake, but how long do you thing it would take a first time to do it after i read the how-to's and do's and dont's? I need to fix it asap because I need a car to drive before I head back to school that next morning. And also, if the exhaust manifold bolts break, are they easily replaceable or what? I haven't taken a look at how they are mounted...

Also, that same cherokee drains its battery in like 3 or 4 days of standing, maybe a little longer. What may be the problem? I have a feeling like its the rear defrost staying on because I would not be able to turn it off...Would that be a resistor for it or just the switch itself?

I would greatly appreciate any help given.
    97 Chevy Blazer LT 2" Body lift, 2" Suspension lift, 31" General Grabbers AT2. Sold
    96 Jeep XJ Classic 6.5" RC lift with 33" Duratracs. Sold
    00 Jeep XJ Sport 4.5" lift 33" BFG MudTerrains
Working...
X