5.3 chevrolet lm7 rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.3 chevrolet lm7 rebuild

I have a 5.3 chevrolet out of an 01' tahoe with about 70,000 miles on it that I want to have rebuilt. Nothing crazy, just a good quality rebuild. Anyone no of a good quality respectable shop/mechanic that can help me out? Its for my 81' scrambler project. I am trying like crazy to make some headway on this project and I just can not find the time. I'm in the navy in Groton and this is kicking my ass. I absolutely 100,000 percent do not want to sell this jeep but I've had it for over two years and I have very little progress to show for it. Wanting to get going with this soon.

i dont know if id rebuild a 70k motor. seems a bit young. any particular reason you want it rebuilt?

Comment

Joe horas shop on cobb street..
      95 xj JY 3" 35" truxus mt's

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
        i dont know if id rebuild a 70k motor. seems a bit young. any particular reason you want it rebuilt?
        I don't particularly want it completely rebuilt, just mostly torn down and checked out. The motor came from Novak conversions and I have no doubt that its in decent condition, I'm just wanting to make for absolute certain that its good to go and replace anything that might be worn.

Comment

put it in the jeep and run with the project. no need to hold your project up for this.

if it has any issues down the road deal with it then
          "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
            put it in the jeep and run with the project. no need to hold your project up for this.

if it has any issues down the road deal with it then
            this is what i would do. 70k is very low mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
              this is what i would do. 70k is very low mileage.
              Yeah you're probably right, I just had a talk with a guy here close to me and he was saying that motor will last a good long time as is. I guess that solves my problem, Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X