Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by JerryBransford View Post
      There was no Reason for you to go out and make such a purchase in the first place. The Jeep engineers designed your shock mounts to such exacting specifications that they should never need replacing.

If you ask me, that's what happens when you start trying to fix things that weren't broken in the first place. So many companies are willing you part you from your money with "snake-oil". If you buy into it, it's your own fault and I refuse to feel sorry for you.

considering a stock jeep cant handle the abuse and terrain i like to put it through.. stock design needs to change to handle it.

im glad you dont feel sorry for me, i dont even feel sorry for me. there was just a mistake in the order somewhere.

there was no need for you to relpy to this thread if you didnt have anything to say reguarding the situation, but thanks for the laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
        one is for XJs the other is for YJs (i think)

either way caleb is right, there are 2 models. i cant recall if mine are like that or not, but i have the same mounts

for some reason i wanna say mine are what you have. i will go check.
        did you ever find out if yours are the crooked or straight ones?

Comment

just looked for you

honestly it is hard to tell with them installed and the position theyre in and how i can view them.

for some reason i do remember them being the crooked ones, because i remember having the reaction you had...its been awhile.
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

just looked for you

honestly it is hard to tell with them installed and the position theyre in and how i can view them.

for some reason i do remember them being the crooked ones, because i remember having the reaction you had...its been awhile.
            alright thanks. i just posted this over at naxja i didnt think you would get back to me so quick ha.

do you know if those conical spacers are really needed? i talked to jks directly and they want like $35 to ship me the spacers(im running into to many problems with returning what i have). think i could just throw some regular flat washers in?

Comment

your fox ends are heims i assume?

i swapped all my heims out on all my shocks for rubber bushings to avoid the hassle/noise of it altogether...wish i could help more there.

flat washers wont allow the proper misalignment if theyre too big. the eyelet of the shock has to be able to twist and tilt, and it wont if the washers are too big and are sandwiching it... if that makes sense. thats why theyre conical. in theory you could get away with washers if they were similar in diameter to the heim eye on the shock so as to not sandwich the eyelet, but it would be half assing it mostly and difficult to get right thickness
              - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

your fox ends are heims i assume?

i swapped all my heims out on all my shocks for rubber bushings to avoid the hassle/noise of it altogether...wish i could help more there.

flat washers wont allow the proper misalignment if theyre too big. the eyelet of the shock has to be able to twist and tilt, and it wont if the washers are too big and are sandwiching it... if that makes sense. thats why theyre conical. in theory you could get away with washers if they were similar in diameter to the heim eye on the shock so as to not sandwich the eyelet, but it would be half assing it mostly and difficult to get right thickness
                thats what i was thinking but i wanted to make sure. my shocks didnt come yet so i couldnt check for myself.

i had no idea you could swap rubber bushings into them.. do they take a special bushing or would normal replacment ones fit?

Comment

technically they dont sell them (fox), but i found some direct replacements for fox 2.0s from here:

http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod...2/113/sfID3/30

couple options on this page. worked well for me! ive had em since feb
                  - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

technically they dont sell them (fox), but i found some direct replacements for fox 2.0s from here:

http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod...2/113/sfID3/30

couple options on this page. worked well for me! ive had em since feb
                    nice thank you so much. i didnt like that they had heims to begin with.. this is going to make everything so much easier

Comment

happy to help
                      - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Working...
                      X