What diff lockers do you run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What diff lockers do you run?

Looking into getting lockers for my 2000 xj, I am not interested in the air lockers or spools, but mainly automatic lockers and posssibly electric lockers. Which lockers do you guys run and/or which do you guys think are the best ones for the buck? I was looking into aussie auto lockers, which seem popular....
    97 Chevy Blazer LT 2" Body lift, 2" Suspension lift, 31" General Grabbers AT2. Sold
    96 Jeep XJ Classic 6.5" RC lift with 33" Duratracs. Sold
    00 Jeep XJ Sport 4.5" lift 33" BFG MudTerrains

Ive heard nothing but good things on the Spartan lockers, you can get it for about $220 shipped for a d30 off pirate
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

I run a spartan locker in my Hpd30 and it makes a huge difference . cant even tell its there on the road in 2wd and off-road works just like it should. for the cost i think its a good buy and very simple to install.
      01 tj

Comment

i have an aussie for a 8.25 for sale
        2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
        97' zj
        2012 surbra imperza DD
        im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

I have Aussies front and rear.
          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
          MK2 Jetta > M3
          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by LittleD View Post
            Ive heard nothing but good things on the Spartan lockers, you can get it for about $220 shipped for a d30 off pirate
            Pirate? what website is that (sorry just learning a lot more website now)
            97 Chevy Blazer LT 2" Body lift, 2" Suspension lift, 31" General Grabbers AT2. Sold

Comment

Originally posted by hoggie101 View Post
              i have an aussie for a 8.25 for sale
              How much? And does that work for any gear ratio for the 8.25?

Comment

pirate4x4.com
                God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

i had a detroit in my 44. loved it, putting them in my 60's for my new truck.

little more costly, but there are deffinate strength benefits depending on how hard you plan on wheeling it.

Not to mention the excellent road manners and it's super quiet. never heard a click like with the lunchbox lockers.
                  No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

I have a lockrite. Took about 50 miles to break in but it doesn't make noise when unloaded and works great
                    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

i havea detroit in my 44 winning.
                      and open up front
                      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

I couldn't be happier with my Aussies in my dana 44 and 30.

With lunchbox style lockers gear ratio does not matter. Just make sure you have an open style carrier, not some limited slip carrier.

Comment

i have aussies front and rear now and previously had a lockrite rear. they get the job done, no complaints
                          I drive a Datsun

Comment

All the aussies lock-rites and spartans all are basically the same exact design.
                            The weak link tends to be the carrier that's why full carrier lockers are stronger like the Detroit.

The auto lockers put a lot of stress and wear on the cross pin Spartan is the only one that comes with a new cross pin all the others recommend buying a new cross pin.
                            So spartans come out the cheapest.

E-locker I just hear bad things like they wear out, since they are posi when open the have friction plates the wear if you do 3 wheel digs or spin the wheels a lot.
                            But that is just what I hear.

Think of the big picture tires are expensive so if you can save your tires it might be worth getting an ARB if you are just worried about price get a mini spool worried about strength full spool, want auto locker really nice in the front, for price get a spartan for strength get the detroit.

If your going to spend money on the rear most people will upgrade the rear axle first since a rear axle is pretty simple to swap.

does that help?
                            RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                            www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                            Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

yea that helps alot, thanks for all the info dudes..any more knowledge will be welcomed though

Comment

Working...
                              X