Cooling question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling question

So yesterday i took a trip down to New Britain and noticed the jeep was running hot when i was at a constant 65/70, but when i slowed to around 50 and cranked the heat, it went right back down to 210 where it normally is.

A colder thermostat wouldn't help in this case would it? any ideas before someone says "don't drive 65/70"?
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

When you put the heat on it removes engine heat because the coolant goes through the heater core and removes the heat into the cab. Did you put the heat on around your cruising speed? Sounds like you need a radiator flush
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Staying at 65/70 with the heat on did absolutley nothing. only when i slowed down it cooled off. And i know how it all works, just wondering why it only worked at a slower speed

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Less heat due to less power strokes per second. Still think you should do a radiator flush

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
          Less heat due to less power strokes per second. Still think you should do a radiator flush
          This.

Just flush it anyway, good practice to do it occasionally.
          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
          MK2 Jetta > M3
          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I deff gonna do a flush, it's prolly full of shit from when the coolant bottle exploded and had to run it on pretty much no coolant

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

If that's the case I would do the flush and if it continues I would replace the pump

Comment

what kind of thermostat do you run? i ran a failsafe and it failed within 200 miles and at higher speeds my jeep would get hot cuz the coolant would flow too fast. look into that too perhaps

Comment

Working...
                X