torque converter circut malfunction code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torque converter circut malfunction code

Check engine light has been on for a couple of weeks decided to finally check the codes. and came up with about 5 different codes. Its a 01 tj with auto trans.

the two codes that keep poping up when i reset it is

-Torque converter circuit electrical.

- Tcc Circuit malfunction.

I disconnected all of the connectors on the transmission and cleaned them, Then reconnected and still sending codes.

Any idea on what is wrong ? how to fix it?
    The jeep seems to run fine I don't notice any difference but the code wont go away.
    01 tj

what are the codes ( numbers)
    up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
    eliminator MJ - Sold
    99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
    Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

p0743
      p0462
      p0443
      01 tj

Comment

if all at once, sounds like a short circuit. check the fuses behind your glovebox first to make sure none are blown (hence why is just comes right back). if blown, figure out where on that circuit is the broken wire
        up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
        eliminator MJ - Sold
        99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
        Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Originally posted by 1cleantj View Post
          if all at once, sounds like a short circuit. check the fuses behind your glovebox first to make sure none are blown (hence why is just comes right back). if blown, figure out where on that circuit is the broken wire
          I did that also today when I checked the connections all fuses are fine. I stopped by the transmission shop down the street from my house the guy said that the solenoid pack in the tranny may be bad and that i should try that first or the torque converter is going and its slipping . Im going to look over all the wires and look for any more bad connections or test for shorts before the solenoid pack .
          01 tj

Comment

Working...
          X