Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotating Inner C's

Im hoping Justin will chime in here.

So im working on setting up a 44 front out of a waggy for a tacoma. i got everthing mocked up and was about to burn the new spring perches in. then i looked to see what the driveshaft angle whould be and realized it had quite the steep angle, since the tcase is so close.

now i probably could "get away" with leaving it the way it is but it would probably bind when the front is at full droop.

but i like doing things right the first time so i want to rotate the inner C's to get teh pinion pointing right at the TC.

now obviously im going to want to cut the weld down flush to teh tube and grind it all away then rotate them. My concern is welding them back on.

Can i use a 220 Mig? i dont want to weaken the axle in anyway
    should i use stick? if so what rod?
    preheating necessary? i dont have any welding blankets, could i just toss them in some hot coals and cool overnight?
    Originally posted by Ktmracer419
    some people choose video games
    some choose projects
    some choose welding random things together

D44 you should be able to grind the weld down and rotate it with a sledge hammer.

Weld it back on no problem with a 220 mig.

We've done D44 before if you had a D60 they are like impossible the get the C to rotate or move at all over the press fit those you need to cut the tube and press in an insert and butt weld the tubes.
    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

need to use my welder Andy?

I plan on working on my jeep sat. if u wanna come buy, might need an extra hand/motivation on some stuff
      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Working...
      X