transfer case options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfer case options

i have rear drive shaft binding issues and well i has three options the way i see it for tbear, the first and least expensive being a transfer case drop kit (rough country setup with the little spacers and bolts)
    my second option would be to get a 1" lowered cross member for the transfer case. and thirdly would be a SYE kit....now i dont plan on doing much wheelin, and for now it seems that the spacer kit is a top notch option...correct me if im wrong and please feel free to chime in with any other ideas. this i believe will be in the near future, but i need to get it road ready for the snow, as its my DD for now and has whooped tires plus other miscellaneous things, pinion bearing being one of them...
    -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
    https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
    I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
    -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

hack n tap IRO has a pretty good deal

Comment

what are you waiting for just lower the T-case what are you talking about 4 bolts and a couple spacers or even washers work.

Make it drivable and save for a SYE but do that at the same time as you upgrade the rear axle to a 8.8 so you only need to buy a rear drive shaft once.

Unless you know of a stock drive shaft that will work with the SYE then I would do that now. I don't know the specifics but some people can get away with a stock front drive shaft in the rear with the SYE.

With a SYE you really should rotate the pinion up too.
      RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
      www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
      Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
        what are you waiting for just lower the T-case what are you talking about 4 bolts and a couple spacers or even washers work.

Make it drivable and save for a SYE but do that at the same time as you upgrade the rear axle to a 8.8 so you only need to buy a rear drive shaft once.

Unless you know of a stock drive shaft that will work with the SYE then I would do that now. I don't know the specifics but some people can get away with a stock front drive shaft in the rear with the SYE.

With a SYE you really should rotate the pinion up too.
        Well http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...y_Code=SUS_ACC that's the drop kit I was speaking of, and that particular SYE kit I see comes with a rear CV shaft. Also my rear pinion has been rotated up, just the moron that set this jeep up didn't bother to do a SYE or anything as far as transfer case goes. kinds screwed me all up though. But the SYE is the DEFINITE best option correct?
        -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
        -Ian

Comment

Well do you have the money for a SYE right now? Then do that that is the best option.

If not go to the hardware store buy 4 bolts and a box of washers and lower the T-case to get by for now.

I comes with a CV shaft but if you plan on going with an 8.8 or any other axle you don't want to spend the money to buy or have the CV modified for the new axle just do it all at once.

Comes with CV shaft usually means prepay for a drive shaft so you call Tom Woods and so you will have a custom one made anyways.
          RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
          www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
          Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
            Well do you have the money for a SYE right now? Then do that that is the best option.

If not go to the hardware store buy 4 bolts and a box of washers and lower the T-case to get by for now.

I comes with a CV shaft but if you plan on going with an 8.8 or any other axle you don't want to spend the money to buy or have the CV modified for the new axle just do it all at once.

Comes with CV shaft usually means prepay for a drive shaft so you call Tom Woods and so you will have a custom one made anyways.
            i dont have the $$$ for the SYE kit as of right now so to the hardware store i go , and thanks for the axle advice that makes more sense than buying a shaft twice for sure!! im assuming an 8.25 doesnt hold up well to offroading adventures?
            -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
            -Ian

Comment

Working...
            X