XJ Rear leaf question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJ Rear leaf question

I have a 4.5 inch RC lift on my xj which came with the add a leaf and longer shackles for the rear springs. I Bought BRAND NEW stock pack of leaf springs and then put the add a leaf in the full pack of leaves. The rear of my jeep is slowly creeping lower and lower... HELP!! What is a bastard pack and how do i go about installing one with my existing set up??

Thanks
    Nick

A bastard pack is basically an add a leaf setup just that it's usually using leaf springs from a spring under axle vehicle like an s10 or a dakota. It goes in the same as an add a leaf.

Comment

so i would have to take out the existing add-a-leaf leaflet and subsitute it for the s10 leaflet? or can i just add it to the pack?

Comment

add it to the set, a bastard pack is just compiling a bunch of leafs to raise the height, look into which ones will give you a decent ride. Some like the durango swap which require re drilling bolt holes but one will give you 5 inches or something ridiculous.....and a added bonus of knocking teeth out over each bump.
        God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

search google for what setup gives you about what lift. jeepforum has a pretty good thread of different combinations.

Comment

So you bought new stock leaves to put your aal in...

Im confused as to why you didn't just buy a full lift pack.
            dirty30

Comment

i didnt research well enough... i basically f*@ked myself on that one... FAIL. I still want to retain the stock blot holes.

Comment

You're gonna look at s10 or dakota leaves. You'll wanna grab everything besides the main leaf. Then its a matter of building a pack from that, its kindof trial and error.
                dirty30

Comment

just a mix and match kind of deal?

Comment

Working...
                  X