Tire/Lift Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire/Lift Questions

I know this could probably be two threads but this is much easier. First, I'd like to know what tires you guys recommend a lifted XJ run. I think I want to either run STTs or KM2s. I dont do a lot of heavy rock crawling (yet?) and i usually find myself in a little bit of mud on my local trail so I have been leaning toward the KM2s. Thoughts?

Also, I know a low COG is a great advantage while wheeling, does anyone think 6.5" is too much lift? I was thinking about going with the 6.5" long arm kit from Rough Country as this is going to be the first time I'm actually lifting one of my jeeps.

Thanks guys
    -Matt
    Facebook

Have a friend that runs stt's on his mud truck and it does VERY well. Its appearing in the next trucks gone wild video. My cousin on the other hand runs KM2's on his toyota, and it gets stuck ALOT, however he really doesn't have the power to spin them to clear the lugs out properly. JMHO

Either or, I have heard great things about both tires. Read some reviews that look at mileage. I think the km'2 wear really good so I lean towards those.

I think for rock crawling, most guys on this forum run 4.5. I cant imagine needing much more.

edit: With a 6.5 inch lift, you are probably going to have to swap both the axles to handle tires that wont look retarded. With 4.5, you might get away with just rear, Unless you have 8.25 already
    Last edited by Pat; 07-04-2011, 10:40 AM.

Comment

I've got the 8.25 already, and I'm planning on either re-gearing or getting new axles completely sometime in the future. I heard the KM2s wear really well and but they are a bitch to get balanced..

Oh, and if it matters I'm looking at a 35" tire.
      -Matt
      Facebook

Comment

Everything your asking is just a personal opinion. Is 6.5" to much lift? If you like the look of the tall stance then no. Its big and with being big you get the setbacks associated with big lifts. Between Stt's and Km2's people have run both with no problems, so what do you like the best.

I suggest going on Jeep Forum to look at some picture threads of both 4.5 and 6.5" lifts with 35's. That way you with be able to see tons setups to see what you would like. If jeep forum has anything its threads and threads of pictures.

Comment

4.5" longarmed with 35's is a great choice. gear to 4.56 or 4.88 and some lockers you'll be all set
          I drive a Datsun

Comment

I have 4.5" of lift with 35, I had 3.5 and I liked that more but I had to go with 4.5 because of the long arms I have. I have km2s and I also like those alot. They wear great and hook up pretty damn well everywhere.
            -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

6.5" is tall, even for a 35

I know cuz Im sitting about 6 now and its tall, not uncomfortably so on side hills but I could def use some lowering.
              dirty30

Comment

i run 32's (KM2's)on my cherokee with a RC 4.5" lift and it slings mud like its nothin!! great tire, minimal road noise and the wear great

Comment

Love the STT's.
                  2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                  MK2 Jetta > M3
                  Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

STTs FTW!!
                    -jake........sorry for any of my spelling fails i was droped on my head when i was little.

Quote Phill: Do you drink lots of coffee? I drink it once in a while and I get varying effects. Some days it doesn't bother me but others my heart races like a greyhound from the Vet after the owners realize that it cant race anymore and needs to die. Fuck that, find me some owner with big tits and I'll be cute and slow the rest of my life.

Comment

Working...
                    X