Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eaton Detroit Trutrac

hi i want to know how good they r on the road and off road thanks

They would be good on the road but I dont think they're that great offroad, your nomey would be better spent on an actually locker but this also depense on how much road this vehicle see.

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
      They would be good on the road but I dont think they're that great offroad, your nomey would be better spent on an actually locker but this also depense on how much road this vehicle see.
      what is a good locker to get what locker would u get

Comment

a regular detroit locker. period.

i drove with one on the road for a long time, could barely tell it was there. never clicked when turning, it pulled through corners but it was really not that bad compared to other trucks i've driven with different lockers. Amazing offroad, always locked, NEVER had a mechanical issue with it.

Obvisouly a selectable like an ARB is the best overall option, but the detroit is an amazing second place, you will be more than happy with its performance not only offroad, but on road as well. I loved having one in my old rig.
        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Detroits are great. We have one in our tow/plow rig.
          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
          MK2 Jetta > M3
          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I had both a truetrac LS and a spartan full time locker in the front of my jeep. You could barley even tell they were there in 4wd. For winter driving i would suggest the LS over the spartan. But by no means can the truetrac compare to a full time locker. Best of luck

Comment

I currently run a Detroit full case in the rear and I love it. Awesome on road and off. Barely makes any noise when making tight turns and I always have traction off-road.I haven't had one single problem nor do I have any complaints about it.
              Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Working...
              X