Some engine quirks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some engine quirks

99 XJ, around 160ish... not really sure, swapped cluster.

Aaaaanywho, it was having a rough idle for the better part of six months, but I ran some Seafoam through the intake and some injector cleaner through it and it stopped. Its new trick is, after say fifteen to twenty minutes of driving, it'll start acting like it's starving for fuel until I put it to half-throttle or more, and will continue this for a little bit and then go away. Sometimes it only goes away after shutting it off and letting it sit for a minute or three. I checked the distributor cap for cracks and it's fine, coil seems to be okay, and the fuel pump is pretty new, aka I replaced it with an OEM pump after I got it back from the shop.

My one idea is that it could be trying to vapor-lock itself, because the exhaust ends about a foot and a half from the corner of the tank... I ran a similar exhaust on it for a while before and it didn't do this. Anyone have any clues?
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

AAny engine codes?
    Originally posted by Ktmracer419
    some people choose video games
    some choose projects
    some choose welding random things together

Comment

Only code I have is 0700 which is tranny, bc I have the NSS bypassed. Evap code was there, but I fixed that one by replacing some of the hoses.
      2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
      MK2 Jetta > M3
      Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

did you just look at your coil and deem it okay, or did you actually take it out and do a resistance check on it?
        2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
        1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

Working...
        X