overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overheating

so I took a ride up to my apt last weekend and my jeep was overheating. If I did like 65 plus, especially up hill the temp would climb up to about 225 or 230.
    If I slowed down to 60 or below with the e fan on and the heat blasting it would come back down to 215 or 220.

I changed the coolant and the lower hose because I had a new one kicking around and I still have the problem. Even doing like 45 up a hill it'll get hot. The radiator is a CSF but I dunno how old it is, or the waterpump/ t stat for that matter. Any ideas? I fucking hate worrying about cooling problems. I battled them constantly with my last one too.
    1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
    1999 sierra
    1967 M725 Big and Slow
    -Dan

Welcome to my fucking Life.

I reverse flushed my system and removed the Thermostat and added A LOT of water to the system and it worked for a while. I am going to have to do it again this week.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

i had problems the other day like this, replaced the overflow bottle top and it runs fine again, i guess it wasn't releasing pressure like it should have
      God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

That is about running temperature, for XJs. you are also reading the gauge cluster temp correct it might not be the same as the computer temp they run off different sensors. also the electric fan doesn't come on until 230.

I run a switch to power the fan relay so I can turn it on when in the trails etc.
        Another easy thing you can do to help is let the heat out. some people put vents at least remove the insulation I put blocks on the hinges that raise the back of the hood up.
        RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
        www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
        Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

x2, mine runs hot in most cases but it's never in the red.

Comment

mine runs hot all the time, which all these jeeps do for the most part. i has hood vents and my e fan wired to a switch and it still runs up to 220-230 on a hot day idling. i also have a rust issue tho so it comes and goes.
            Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

hmm I might try blocking up the hood. Does it really help that much? My e fan is on a switch so I just flip it on if it's getting too warm for my liking. And yes I'm reading the gauge.

Dave, mine doesn't have an overflow bottle like yours. Yours is the pressurized system, they changed that when they got rid of the Renix.
              1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
              1999 sierra
              1967 M725 Big and Slow
              -Dan

Comment

I think it helps get the molding out too anything to let the heat out helps plus I like the way it looks.

I have 1-1/4 box drill 2 holes buy longer bolts and your done.
                RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Working...
                X