TJ w/cracked manifold and maybe CA emissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ w/cracked manifold and maybe CA emissions

So I have a 4.0 2002 Wrangler and I believe it has CA emissions. I have an exhaust sputter from the header area but I can't find it anywhere. I can see at least (3) O2 sensors and the header system doesn't look like any of the pictures I have seen online. I assumed I had the two piece header but it doesn't look like it when I am under there. I do have the long Y shape pipe that snakes its way around the oil pan to the cat. I can post pictures later but I didn't know if anyone had experience with CA emissions (if that is what I have). I know my 4.0 GC has CA emissions and I have (4) O2 sensors.

Any input would be great. Thanks.
    -Ed

BLACK JEEP SOCIETY
    www.facebook.com/BlackJeepSociety
    02 TJ & 04 WJ

Leaking at the head?

Comment

the 2 piece manifolds connect together near the motor and then connect to the long pipe that goes under to the cat. hard to see

as far as ca emissions of not, easy way to tell is open the hood, there will be a sticker showing engine size and some emissions info, it will mention something about being compliant with california emissions for model year 2002
      up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
      eliminator MJ - Sold
      99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
      Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Does your TJ have two smaller cats off the manifold then a third right before the muffler? If so then you have the California emissions package. This header like stated above has two pieces and is stronger than the federal emissions header. I'd check your manifold gasket. Mine had a small leak and I tightened the bolts to the proper specs and it went away. Two of the bottom bolts were loose.
        -Josh

2000 Jeep Cherokee 2" lift, 30x9.5 General Grabber AT2

Comment

I will check the gasket and all the bolts/connections..good point. I will also try to snap some pics this weekend and post them up. I don't seem to have a sticker under the hood and it doesn't have the mini cats.

There are two O2 sensors (one on each piece of the manifold) and one on the Y pipe. I will keep you guys posted, thanks for the feedback.
          -Ed

BLACK JEEP SOCIETY
          www.facebook.com/BlackJeepSociety
          02 TJ & 04 WJ

Comment

Working...
          X