tj lift setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tj lift setup

ok so i got my tj up i think about 4 inches over stock on suspension but am not sure the exact height, i used zj springs with a coil spacer from a wj rammed into the top of them so the spacer i s 2 inches and the coil gives about 2 inches anyways. now my axle is somewhat off center a bit and i need to know how to set up my trackbar for this. i bought an adjustable for a 4 inch lift but what do i do? just throw it in and adjust till the axle is centered? should i get a drop bracket? or is there more to it? also isnt alignment supposed to be off? because i drove around with it like this and it was just the same as before.....

now for the rear, it is almost as high as the front with stock coils on my custom 8.8 brackets which are tall. i am trying to find some slightly higher solution for this and that axle is slightly off center so i may need a trackbar for that too i guess but it's been fine all this time so idk.....

please advise/help me

thanks
    Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

When you say the axle is off center, do you mean one tire sticks out of the fender more then the other??

if you bought an adjustable track bar you are good to go

think of it this way, your stock track bar is only so long, when you lift the vehicle it stays the same length so it pulls the axle to the side, you need the added length of a new track bar to make up the high difference.

If you have the length and adjust-ability in the new track bar that you bought you should be golden.

i have and teraflex adjustable 2"-4" lift rear TJ track bar that i'll never use if you would like to purchase it off me just send me a PM
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

ok thanks for the info, i may grab that trackbar from ya once i get this whole thing pieced together in the next few days if i think i need it/have the money.

in terms of the drop bracket for the front do you know if that does anything? it seemed to me like the thing it would do is help articulation whereas the stock mounting point would limit it regardless of the trackbar you have. is this the same for the rear as well with the bracket? or is there a drop bracket setup for the rear?
      Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

ideally you want your drag link and your track bar to run at similar angles (and length). this helps with death wobble and bump steer. a bracket is not always needed depending on your setup.

i have a drop bracket and a adj track bar

in this pic you cant even see my track bar because it is exactly behind my draglink.

"when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

i highly recommend Clayton's weld in bracket

After this pic was taken i switched back to a STOCK pitman arm to have the best angles. You might have to get a drop pitman arm to make everything line up all nice like

Comment

Working...
          X