Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¿shocks?

school me on shocks
    first what does the valueing mean whats the diffrreance between 250/70 and 170/60 for example
    why are resivor shock better
    im looking at getting 5150's will they work without hoops in an xj?
    and what ever esle you can think
    2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
    97' zj
    2012 surbra imperza DD
    im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

no shockhoops needed with 5150's and thats a good shock for what you plan to use the xj for I'm sure. 255/70 is the valving that you're going to want which is the stiff of the 2.

Comment

does any one know where i can get a set of 5150's in connecticut new this weekend so i can finish my lift this weekend? 14 inch travel and 250/70 vauling
      97' zj
      2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

14" travel? damn!, How much lift are you doing?

Comment

cheapest place to order 5150's is Eshocks.com

Comment

brows:
            Originally posted by cherokee-at-16 View Post
            14" travel? damn!, How much lift are you doing?
            gonna net like 4.5~5 in front net proablly 4.5 and 7 in rear and net like 5.
            97' zj
            2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

Well heres a picture of my jeep with a little over 4" of lift and 12" travel shocks. Theres about 2.5" of exposed shaft, which means only 2.5" of upward flex. 14" travel just seems a little long, you will be in the same situation as me. Unless thats what your going for.
              Last edited by cherokee-at-16; 05-21-2011, 05:58 AM.

Comment

I have 4.5 with a 3/4 spacer and run 10inch travel shocks and thats plenty!

Comment

okay going with 10inch travel bilstein 5150s in front and hopefully 5100s from my tj in the back
                  97' zj
                  2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

The different numbers in the valving are based on the compression and rebound of the shock making them stiffer, softer, faster rebounding, harder to compress, etc. Different valving makes big differences if your doing go fast wheeling or if you're rock crawling. the 255/70 seems to be the best all around.

A reservoir shock is better because it has much more fluid in the shock. This helps to keep the fluid cooler and helps eliminate shock fade if they get pretty hot.
                    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

resi shocks also usually have the nitrogen and fluid separated by a piston. that way it doesnt mix and cause fade as easily like an emulsion shock

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Working...
                      X