D30 control arm bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D30 control arm bushings

anyone ever change the bushings that are on the front axle for the upper control arms? i just did balljoints thinkin it was them but when i looked into it for it was those bushings.. any help would be great thanks..

the UCA bushings are a pain to press out.

Comment

i have a ball joint press as i just did the balljoints yesterday.. so it shouldnt be to bad.. do i have to get them at a stealership or can i get them at a parts store?

Comment

you can get em at a parts house

Comment

this be it?

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...5_714914354___

Comment

ya looks good to me. look into WJ UCA bushings while youre there, apparently they are the same size but are a much harder (durable) rubber

Comment

ok ill check it out.. TY.. yea i thought it was the ball joint. si i did driver side valljoints yesterday. drove it around and looked into it and it was the bushings

Comment

i have heard of peeps drilling holes in the bushing to remove it, then taking a dremel to the inner sleeve.

i wouldnt even want to attempt to press those out with the axle under the truck
                www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

im going to do it.. will post up how it went and all when ium done.

Comment

When I built the 12 bolt for the chevelle i was able to hammer the old bushings out with ease. Of course the axle was sitting on the floor and we're talking about different axles but just saying there's a chance it might not be toooo bad.

Comment

Working...
                    X