Trans Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans Lines

So I'm installing a trans cooler this week. Does anyone know which line is the supply for the trans and which is the outlet?
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

doesnt matter which way it goes. but if I remember correctly the rear is the return
    Dan.
    2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
    www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

i run mine in line with the radiator, the setup worked well, it's been on there for about three years.

Did you buy one yet??? cause i'll be parting with my setup.
      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
        i run mine in line with the radiator, the setup worked well, it's been on there for about three years.

I have a cooler but stock they go through the radiator so whats the difference with yours

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post

want if you mean tranny cooler

semi confused
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

shit I mis-read that. How much and can we transfer it over to my Jeep before Friday?

Comment

start it up for a second with the line off you will know.

Also best way is to go throught the radiator first then to the air cooler.

If you got an AW4 now is a good time to upgrade the tranny cooler fittings to AN instead of the stupid plastic push in ones.
              RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
              www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
              Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Ok Justin so what your saying is to make the radiator outlet the inlet of the cooler and the cooler outlet go to the trans. Correct? Also the inlet of the cooler should be the bottom fitting right?

Comment

Where did you pick up the trans cooler?
                  -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
                  -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
                  -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
                  -57 GMC Pickup
                  -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

yea mine goes through the radiator and then through the cooler and then back to the trans. Idk like 30 bucks for everything??? it's a 6 pass hayden cooler, i think i bought it for like $60 and then all the hardware.

Don't have time this week. sorry guyface.

and you can get them at any autoparts store, pretty much all stock them.
                    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                      Ok Justin so what your saying is to make the radiator outlet the inlet of the cooler and the cooler outlet go to the trans. Correct? Also the inlet of the cooler should be the bottom fitting right?
                      Correct.
                      The water removes the heat so much faster than air. But since the radiator is already 200º you then want to pass it through an air cooler to knock the rest of the heat off.
                      RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:
                      Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
                        Correct.
                        The water removes the heat so much faster than air. But since the radiator is already 200º you then want to pass it through an air cooler to knock the rest of the heat off.
                        but I've also heard that the Aw4 needs to run at a certain temp range.. correct?

Comment

you need to get the trany fluid hot enough to evaporate the water that condensates inside.

They sell thermostats that bypass the cooler if you're worried about it.
                          You're probably going to get it hot enough even with the 2 coolers I wouldn't worry.

Some will say you want the oil to get hot for the seals to seal better, I have a hard time believing that.

Too cold is better than too Hot.
                          RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:

Comment

Working...
                          X