reccomend me some shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reccomend me some shocks

I am planning on going to bilstien. most likely remote reservoirs. not sure I really need that though. although they are minimally more than the lesser versions.
    now, I basically drive my jeep everyday. I drive the backroads to work, I dont drive on the highway much. I wheel normally, nothing crazy, I dont jump my jeep and put leaf springs through my floor lol. no highspeed offroad stuff.
    so is there something a little cheaper I can run that would work well and ride nice or should I just stick to the bilstien plan? Seems overkill for me.
    Oh and the jeep has rustys 6.5" lift, saggy rear springs will be getting 1" shackle. Front will be getting long arms within the week, 35's.
    Dan.
    2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
    www.DMROFFROAD.com

9300 or 4.4s

what series bilsteins are you thinking. is this going to be on all 4 corners? whats wrong with your current shocks?
    Last edited by crosbike; 04-11-2011, 10:31 PM.

Comment

sounds like you'd benefit just fine from a bilstein 5100 series shock
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

i ran bilstein 5150's and was throughly impressed, they took quite a beating considering i never ran bumpstops. needless to say i was impressed.
        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
          i ran bilstein 5150's and was throughly impressed, they took quite a beating considering i never ran bumpstops. needless to say i was impressed.
          The fact that your shocks are still good while the rest of your jeep is in fucking shambles says something.
          sigpic
          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I was thinking 5150. then I was debating the 5100's or even the 5125's.
            I have rustys shocks right now. it rides terrible, im sure a lot of it is due to the shortarms but Im sure the shocks dont help. Im thinking Im gonna have to go longer in the front also with the longarms
            Dan.
            2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

didnt u snap both eyes off the 5150s?
              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
              Originally posted by DizzDizz
              aliens probed my husband

Comment

oh, and now that Im looking at it the 5100 and 5125's are the same price, whats the difference?
                Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                  i have them at all 4 corners of my jeep right now, bumpstopped all around and limit strapped in front and i have not had the same fate.

pulled apart both rear shocks and one is blown out.
                  www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

I plan on 5150s upfront and 5125's for the rear

Comment

http://eshocks.com/ best prices I've seen on bilstein

Comment

The only difference between the 5100 and 5125 is that the 5125 can come in specific lengths. the 5100s are usually vehicle specific. I would run a 12" 5125 if I were in your position. If you want something a little better go with a 5150

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

AH, perfect. Thanks. I will measure so I get the right ones, but yeah Im figuring on 12's anyway
                          Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Working...
                          X