Balencing Beads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balencing Beads

Not too familiar with them, but i can tell my tires are starting to act up, but i currently have a ton of weights on my rims and was hoping to ditch the weights. How many people on here run them? where do people recommend getting them from and how much did they run you. Im trying to balance my trxus m/t on my cragar's
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

I have heard bad things about getting those tires to balance. apparently they are a bitch. I have run air soft BBs in a few sets of tires. They worked awesome in my all terrains on my Dodge. However, on the kevlars they only seemed to work when the tires were new. however I always had a little shimmy around 50mph. when they started wearing they didnt wanna work as well and I started getting death wobble because of it. Not sure what size tires you have. im guessing 33s? I would run around 8oz of BBs. I think it was around 2500-3000 BBs in each tire. and if i recall it was around 40 bucks for all the BBs

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Ive done bb's and they work well , but still had some slightly bad vib at 25-30mph with them , this was with 36x13.50 tsls. they make noise when you stop to, they fall and bounce off your rims

We've had great success with Tire balancing system at work called Equal. its tiny plastic particles that you put in your tires. it rebalances everytime you drive. same concept as using bb's but much finer particles. looks like sawdust.

I can get you a great price on enough to do all your tires if your interested
      up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
      eliminator MJ - Sold
      99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
      Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Originally posted by 1cleantj View Post
        Ive done bb's and they work well , but still had some slightly bad vib at 25-30mph with them , this was with 36x13.50 tsls. they make noise when you stop to, they fall and bounce off your rims

We've had great success with Tire balancing system at work called Equal. its tiny plastic particles that you put in your tires. it rebalances everytime you drive. same concept as using bb's but much finer particles. looks like sawdust.

I can get you a great price on enough to do all your tires if your interested
        Could you pm me a price? these tires don't have much life left in them so im trying to find a cheap fix for now

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

equal is the good stuff, my uncle used this on his TJ

Comment

After doing some research, i found out that if the slightest bit of moisture gets in the tire, the equal will clump. If i were to do bb's, how much weight would i need to put in?

Edit: http://www.innovativebalancing.com/BigTirechart.htm
            Last edited by LittleD; 04-04-2011, 08:24 PM.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

I run 8oz of BBs plastic ones in my 315/75/16 geolanders on my f250 and its got a very very slight vibration around maybe 70 but very little
              89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
              95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
              97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
              If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

equal wont clump, it doesnt absorb water

5. If water is inside a tire, does it have any effect on EQUAL Tire Performance, and if so, what is the effect?

* EQUAL Tire Performance does NOT ABSORB water in any way.
                * Due to the fact that EQUAL Tire Performance is a plastic polymer granule, water or moisture will not change its composition.
                * Moisture that accumulates inside the tire will evaporate due to normal driving conditions and therefore is in contact with EQUAL Tire Performance for a very short time.
                * EQUAL Tire Performance, when in contact with large amounts of water, (to the point where it is actually floating freely), will do just that, float. This will interfere with the ability of EQUAL Tire Performance to optimize the given tire in the way that the tire dealer or fleet had intended when installing the product. Simply, this means that although EQUAL Tire Performance will never damage the tire in any way, if it is in contact with large amounts of water, it cannot perform its job. Again, it is important to reiterate, that in most cases, moisture will evaporate due to the heat build up in normal driving, and once the moisture has evaporated, EQUAL Tire Performance will perform as it originally did.

http://imiproducts.com/equal/faqs.html

i can tell you first hand it wont as well, we've tried it in the shop many times.
                up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                eliminator MJ - Sold
                99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

I am trying to figure out what I will run with my 37's, but I'm leading towards the .25 gram airsoft bbs. 12 to 14 ounces of then I believe is the correct amount for my application.

Comment

dyna-beads is another one that you can look into. if i recall it is expensive, but works really well. They are popular with semi-trucks just like equal is

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

i used copper bbs in my 32" kumhos back when i thought it would make a difference. those tires were round as it is.

then i used some airsoft bb's in my 35" pro craps. i dont think those needed it anyway.

then my boggers were a lost cause

37" creepy crawlers had no weights and rode damn smooth

36" tsls sucked a nut and nothing helped. i tried to balance those.

i dont remember what i did with my iroks.

i didnt run any with my 35" km2's and decided to toss em on the balancer at work and they didnt take any more than 2 ounces of weight.

basically. when i needed to tame my tires down, the bb's didn't help. and when i was a noob, i thought they would help. but i didnt notice a difference with or without them.
                      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                        36" tsls sucked a nut and nothing helped.

basically. when i needed to tame my tires down, the bb's didn't help. and when i was a noob, i thought they would help. but i didnt notice a difference with or without them.
                        X2!! Better off saving up for a new set of round tires (you said yours are pretty beat). Crazy how much of a difference it makes.

Comment

i just went to walmart and got airsoft beads....work great. i put them in my 33x12.5x15 about 3 years ago and never had a problem since. here's a chart you can go by

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/BigTirechart.htm

Comment

im running 14 oz in each tire, when i finally drive it ill let you know how it is

Comment

i ran 11oz in 35" bfg's and it was great on the road
                              I drive a Datsun

Comment

Working...
                              X