Another "what size tire can I fit" thread - 93 Wrangler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "what size tire can I fit" thread - 93 Wrangler

Posting this for my dad, as he's forum-illiterate despite repeated attempts to educate him...

I'm trying to search while writing this post, as I understand the frustration when noobs come into a forum with a basic question...but not having any luck so far

We just put 1.25" lift Daystar shackles on his 93 YJ this past weekend. What's roughly the biggest tire we could reasonably stuff on it? He wants a "big tire" look, but doesn't want to lift the Jeep very high because he's got a knee problem that precludes him from jumping in and out easily.

I realize that trimming the flares is an option to gain an extra 1/2-1" of clearance... Can we get 33's on this thing w/just the shackles?

Apologize if this should've gone in a different subforum as well...

You may be able to trim and bumpstop to fit 33's, but does he really want 33's with stock gears? Might be better off with 31's for drivablity sake.
    Rice
    13 BRZ G machine
    02 WRX Rally Whore
    95 Neon Sport Coupe 2.4 liter 11:1 comp race motor
    08 Kawasaki ZX6R solar yellow 112.4whp

Comment

i just put 31's on my stock tj and they give it the big tire look and it drives great, that is probably your best bet.
      -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
      -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
      -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
      -57 GMC Pickup
      -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

I have seen 33s on stock suspension and it looks pretty stuffed. With the lift they will look not as stuffed but definitely will. If you like that look, go for it. If not, I would run a 32x11.50 or a 31x10.50

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

31's will be good for it and shouldn't be bad with the stock gearing

Comment

roommate has 31's on a 2" spring lift looks proper

i say go no bigger then 31's. is it a 2.5L or 4.0L that makes a difference too.

serious trimming would have to go on with 33's, and different wheels, as the backspacing is off and you will hit the leaf while turning.
            "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Also look into TJ flares. I believe they open the wheel wells up a little more than the stock yjs

Comment

It's the 4.0L.

Thanks for the advice guys - I'll let him know 31 is about as big as possible with just the shackles, and I'll try to find the TJ flares as well.

Comment

you have to trim for the tj flares to help
                  "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Working...
                  X