guide to trimming fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guide to trimming fenders

Hi all, So finally decided to trim my fenders. But needs more info. So do any of you have a link of the guide to help me. thanks

By the way, i have searched a little, and have seen them in the past, but I figured it would be easier to just ask. Thanks again
    4x4 Station Wagon...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3016241/9 hope this helps
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

Get help from other members?
      It's been working for me thus far.
      Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

allright thanks guys
        4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

be careful on the rears i accidentally cut a little too far now i got some sheet metal work to do.
          1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
          2001 wj tbd
          1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
            be careful on the rears i accidentally cut a little too far now i got some sheet metal work to do.
            x2

Comment

So from what i' ve read. On the rear I do not want to cut past the pinch seem. Which I believe caused the problem that you guys had with the split sheet metal.

But, my question is, What is the best way to cut the front? Should I use the cut and fold method, or should I use a angle grinder?
              4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

angle grinder or sawzall will work fine.
                Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
                x2
                you cut too far too or just warning him?
                2001 wj tbd
                1974 5 ton

Comment

i have angle grinders, sawzalls, and tin snips. we'll do it on sunday when were doing viteks lift
                  1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

dont even bother with the samzall, just makes a mess, the angle grinder will be your friend. and on the rears make sure you make plenty of cuts, if you make too little the curves will come out choppy, good luck
                    dirty30

Comment

angle grinder.

Comment

Working...
                      X