Fuel Milage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Milage.

So my XJ is getting 10-12 mpg, its getting kinda old. any ideas on how to get a little better fuel milage? The rig is a on 35s with 4.56 gears. I run the tires at 35 psi, I did plugs and wires in the fall. I have a 18o t-stat in there and is running at about 180 according to the dash and scan tool. Do you think It could be over cooling?
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

4.56 and 35 is really the same final drive as stock right? so your odometer is correct? even with stock gears 33's and corrected at 20% difference in mileage I average around 14-15. interested in upgrading injectors though, I hear that makes a huge difference
    Dan.
    2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
    www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

My speedo is 10% off, I calculate that in every tank.
      -Caleb

Comment

you're not going fast enough
        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

I get 14-15 average with a stuck t stat. it runs around 170. clearly overcooling. I used to get a solid 16 when it wasnt stuck open and in the summer. now with the cold weather and the stuck t stat its more towards 14. Im also only on 4.10 gears.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Run some Marvel through the fuel and substitute a quart of oil for Marvel. Shit works.
            2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
            MK2 Jetta > M3
            Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Trade it in for a civic. I hear that will increase it by at least 50%
              I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Your / Better Gas Mileage / Better Ride / Better Road Manners / is in another vehicle.
                sigpic
                Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                  Trade it in for a civic. I hear that will increase it by at least 50%
                  Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                  Your / Better Gas Mileage / Better Ride / Better Road Manners / is in another vehicle.
                  Huh, i never would of thought of that, thanks for the technical insight
                  -Caleb

Comment

Buy a civic for $1000 bucks. pays for itself in 3 months. 2000 miles/month in your jeep is costing you $660 in fuel. civic gets 35mpg. same mileage in civic costs $188/month in fuel. saves 472/month. 3 months and you bought the car and insured it for the year. take extra $500/month and buy hookers/blow
                    2 tj's
                    3 yj's
                    2 xj's
                    i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

how your air filter/fuel filter?

Comment

Working...
                      X