89 f150 got fuel got spark no start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 f150 got fuel got spark no start.

My buddy's 89 f150 wont start. Its a standard, 130000 miles. He bought it a while back and it was running good when it just stalled on him and hasn't started since. Its got a new fuel pump, filter, cap and rotor, and plugs. Its got plenty of fuel pressure at the rail and a strong spark but just wont fire up. I'm clueless as to why this thing wont run. It doesn't have a cps or cam position sensor So those are ruled out. Injectors have power to them also. Any ideas?
    Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

maybe a neutral safety switch..?

Comment

does it have a map sensor?

make sure the harness and vacuum line are on it.
      Last edited by Customjob; 03-06-2011, 12:17 AM.
      2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

If Its got spark and fuel it only needs compression now to run... Does it fire at all? If not Have you tried hitting it with some either to see if it fires? That would tell you if theres an injector issue even though they have power. Is the spark intertmitent? Or is it constant?
        89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
        95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
        97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
        If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Spark seemed to be consistent. We got it to run but its running like shit. Its got like no compression. Its like its flooding itself. Its idling at like 400 rpms, barely running under its own power. The timing is right I had the gun on it and lined everything up. Idk what it could be. I'm done fucking with it for today I might head over there tomorrow. Ill check into the map sensor.
          Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Working...
          X