ID this axle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID this axle

I was at smiths today getting a d44 cover and next to the axle i was pulling there was what appeared to be a semi float 5 bolt d60... am i wrong on this???
    Attached Files
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

could be a 10 bolt?
    doesnt look like a dana axle to me

yay for puns
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

btw smiths has tons of nice axles right now. they have a pulled drivers drop waggy d44 complete
      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

lol i didnt even think gm, its usualy just all jeep stuff there haha

but it was bigger then the d44 i was pulling the cover on

Comment

I think the gm 10 bolt has a more rounded or oval cover, i could be wrong tho.
          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

it's a 10 bolt
            1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

What's weird is that it appears to have 2 piece shafts...at least it looks that way with the castlated nut and cotter pin. If thats the case, I have yet to see a 10 bolt with that. Since the cover has an indent on it, it could possibly be an older Dana axle. The check plug also seems like it many of the Dana axles I've seen.
              Last edited by Wide-J; 03-18-2009, 04:46 PM.
              88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

i agree steve, and its not a amc 20 from a waggy cuz of the cover, but i think it is a 2 piece axle.

and i dont think its a 10 bolt

10:

12:

Comment

Chrysler 10.5???? did come with a semi float. Not sure. They are usually bigger axles and come with 8 lug or 6lug??.

a GM 10bolt cover looks alot more oval.. .. More oval and if it came out of a truck, usually 6 lug. Also alot of Gm axles didnt come with the holes on either side for the housing spreader. Some did, alot didnt. Most dana axles used a housing spreader. Some of the newer GM 8.0 looks like it but that looks way to old to be from 2002 to 2009.

From top to bottom how tall was the cover?

More i think about it, could be an OLD ford 9.75... How many bolts on the cover? I cant seel them all. If its 10 bolts not that.. Could be a dana 30 HD.

Im leaning on just an old D44.

Any rockwells in that yard
                  XJ
                  MJ
                  Buick??

Comment

im thinking its an OLD 44 as well. no rocks lol

Comment

the shape of the cover looks like a d30. D30 hd rear axle?

Comment

thats bigger then a 44 ???

Comment

figured it out... pre 1974 jeep axle. its a 44

Models built before 1974 used a 5 on 5.5" wheel bolt pattern. Most rear ends before '74 use the weaker two piece shafts, but most of the later versions use the one piece shafts.

Comment

Working...
                          X