grand cherokee not getting spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grand cherokee not getting spark

I'm looking at buying a grand cherokee as a daily driver and went and looked at it today and it's not getting any spark the rest of the jeep isin mint condition tho. But back to the spark issue. It is getting fuel and all the sensors were changed because the owner thought it may be a sensor issue but through trial and error and found out that it is not getting any spark. Any ideas guys on what may be ausing the problem? Any insite on this would be great!
    2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 4.0L I6, stock for now

CPS sensor? Coil pack? fuse?
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

coould be the cap and rotor if it has one the could be all nasty and corroded

Comment

first thing to check would be the cps. take it out, clean it, put it back in. see if it gets spark.. one of the most common things on the xjs and zjs that causes no spark. could be many other things, but its best to check the most common first.
        Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

does it crank over at all when the key is turned ? if not, does the check engine light illuminate with the key on engine off (the spot right before cranking it over). if not chances are it's pcm related, which is repairable or replacable

otherwise more info on year, engine etc
          up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
          eliminator MJ - Sold
          99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
          Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Originally posted by Trailer Ray View Post
            first thing to check would be the cps. take it out, clean it, put it back in. see if it gets spark.. one of the most common things on the xjs and zjs that causes no spark. could be many other things, but its best to check the most common first.
            the cps sensor was changed, so i was told

Comment

Originally posted by 1cleantj View Post
              does it crank over at all when the key is turned ? if not, does the check engine light illuminate with the key on engine off (the spot right before cranking it over). if not chances are it's pcm related, which is repairable or replacable

otherwise more info on year, engine etc
              yes it does crank over and im not sure if the check engine light comes on. i was in the engine bay when the dood was turnin the key. he purchased a new/used pcm and apparently had it tested and it was tested good (in a jeep that was running). my pops is a mechanical engineer and and he told me the coil pack could be shot (that too was apparently replaced). any other insite guys?

Comment

took me 2 years to realize my no spark issue was a faulty asd relay
                1992 xj Briarwood
                Disconnect d30 5.13 Super 35 kit 5.13 36x14x18 TSL's
                Welded front and rear
                13' LED roof lights
                Disco ball
                Truck nuts
                Spinners

Comment

Originally posted by jeep00xj View Post
                  yes it does crank over and im not sure if the check engine light comes on. i was in the engine bay when the dood was turnin the key. he purchased a new/used pcm and apparently had it tested and it was tested good (in a jeep that was running). my pops is a mechanical engineer and and he told me the coil pack could be shot (that too was apparently replaced). any other insite guys?
                  i suppose youll just have to check some of the parts that were "replaced" if the cps was replaced by an autozone or advance auto parts brand, it still may be shot. ive heard people had nothing but issues with their off brand cps. i replaced mine with a genuine chrysler cps and had no issues. i suppose youll just have to keep going with the process of elimination: cps, coil pack, etc, etc.
                  Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Working...
                  X