sway bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sway bars

im new to jeeps i just did i 4.5inch kit wit 33s i was wondering what your guys opinons on the sway bars i was told to take them out but i just dont want the jeep to be all over the place i would like to know your thoughts and help will be appreciated

Most people with XJs on here dont run them, I personally dont and havent for 3 years or so, with no ill effects.
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

i still run my front with discos, the rear is of no use to anybody.
      Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

sway bars suck, no one uses them.

you'll get some body roll but its not that bad. Deff don't need a rear, if you are uncomfortable with it then put the front back in.
        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

front is opinion based

rear, get rid of.
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

thanks guys i was wondering cause i alot of guys say u dont need them and i know they limit flex

Comment

I removed mine yesterday and drivablity is fine. no real diff. other than now i can tuck the front tire into the fender
              1994 ZJ- sold
              1998 XJ-sold
              2011 F-150 ecoboost- daily
              1994 ZJ- 5.5 lift blah blah blah

- Mike

Comment

Originally posted by liftedcherokee View Post
                thanks guys i was wondering cause i alot of guys say u dont need them and i know they limit flex
                That's why they have quick disco ones, technically they help stability on the street (XJ front swaybar) but the rears are useless no matter how you slice it.

If you get quick disconnects, you'll quickly learn that they are more trouble than they are worth and remove them entirely like I eventually did.
                sigpic
                Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

i never really noticed a difference till i ended up on my roof, lol but that may have been due to the 6 foot tall snow bank but i just ordered an anti rock sway bar kit mad money but mad sexy.
                  Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

All in your driving style, if you like to motor around corners and cruise it might be worth keeping... if your just loooking to trail it and jump in the woods without having to stick your hands up in the muddy wheel well everytime you want to flex your axles then you might want it off. True: rear is useless. Come to think of it, i may have a pair in the barn that you can have for a cheap donation to my new tire fund

Comment

do you do alot of highway driving if so quick disconnects my be an option. i used to only connect mine for extensive highway driving

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                        That's why they have quick disco ones, technically they help stability on the street (XJ front swaybar) but the rears are useless no matter how you slice it.

If you get quick disconnects, you'll quickly learn that they are more trouble than they are worth and remove them entirely like I eventually did.
                        x2

Comment

Working...
                        X