lost my brakes kinda last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost my brakes kinda last night

So getting on the highway lastnight after work somone in front of me decides to slam On their brakes. When I do the pedal goes to the floor I downshift and swerve around. Limped it home and checked the fluid. Bone dry. I filled it up. Pedal tightened a little but now my brake light is on with a beeping, how do I get that off? And do I just have to bleed all the lines to get thee pedal back or since it was ran dry do I have to do something else? I checked all the lins at the brakes saw no leakking but it was dark. Ill check better when I'm out of work. Sorry if anythings typed weird. I'm on my phone.. thanks guys.

You probably blew a line.
    The combo valve, has a shuttle valve so when you loose one line it shuttles over tries to shut off the other line so you don't loos all your fluid and activates the light.

Try unplugging the wire on the combo valve and see if the light goes off if yes then it is shuttled over sometimes really hard to recenter. I some times open the fronts when bleeding the rear to get it to shuttle back.

Good luck but I bet you have a blown line.
    If you cannot find a leak anywhere pull off the master sometimes the master will leak into the booster.

~Justin
    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Followed my brakelines all the way up from each brake, no leaking.
      Unplugged the wire on the prop valve, light went off. So it did shuttle?

If I check/replace the master cylinder, how do I recenter it? Since it's not like the front or back brakes.

Thanks alot for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X