distributor shaft issues, help a friend of a friend out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• distributor shaft issues, help a friend of a friend out

A buddy from work wiped out the "distrubtor shaft" on his 2005 wrangler. It's a 4.0 and I am aware that there isnt a distributor on the newer engines but the shaft will still drive the tachometer pickup. The part is backordered from the dealer for months. Any chance anyone might have one or kno if it is the same part from an older 4.0?
    Thanks,
    Corey

I'll check at work tomorrow and see if i can get one.also check the teeth on the cam,when the dist locks up i've seen it destroy the cam teeth.

Comment

Ever find that out for me?

Comment

I remember Owen had this in an engine he replaced for his friend, not sure if he still has this but you could always give him a shout.
        Last edited by clean4drxj; 02-15-2011, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Sorry i forgot,just wrote myself a note and put it in my wallet,will let u know tomarrow.

Comment

I checked to see if i could get one and there was 660 on back order so it would be a while,the 05 and 06 4.0 have a different drive than all others,if you pull out the drive see if it is seized,if it is you can take it apart and free it up and i can get just the gear if the teeth are worn off.def check the cam gear also.Let me know.

Comment

Thanks dude, he did find out that the cam gear was shot. He told me he's already started doing a lot of research on getting a fuel injected dodge or chevy engine in there.

Comment

Working...
              X