fucking bumpstop bolts snaped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fucking bumpstop bolts snaped

Tried to install my 4.1 bumps today. Sure enough that couldn't go easy for meh.

The back bolts on both sides came right out but the fronts snapped right off. What is the easiest way to get them out? Please don't tell me i gotta cut more holes in my floor

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
    Tried to install my 4.1 bumps today. Sure enough that couldn't go easy for meh.

The back bolts on both sides came right out but the fronts snapped right off. What is the easiest way to get them out? Please don't tell me i gotta cut more holes in my floor
    drill. easy out.

Comment

yea but how am i gonna fish a bolt through the top, there are no windows i can fit any of my fingers through remotely near the bolts

Comment

Isn't it just a nut in the frame? pull out the snapped bolt and chase the threads if you want and screw a new bolt in.

Comment

yea i guess thats what i'll do

Comment

I'm pretty sure its just a nut welded inside the frame. I broke mine off. Alex aren't your bumpstops just held in with two self tappers?
            2000 XJ
            2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

i practically ride on my bumpstops, and the passenger side one is only held on by one bolt, and it hasnt moved since i installed it.
              www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

alright im gonna go torque the shit outta them and see how they hold, maybe throw some jb weld on the other side

Comment

Sam, didn't you say you're running 2 dpg plates with 4.1's and it's perfect? I flexed mah shit out and i need another plate, i still have about a half inch before the bumps contact. What i don't understand is i chopped my quarters already, and you haven't, but i need more bumpstop. Are your wheel wells just massaged to hell?

I'm probably just going to cut up some scrap 1/2 steel i have laying around to make another plate. No sense paying shipping for a peice of shiny bling blang.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                    I'm pretty sure its just a nut welded inside the frame. I broke mine off. Alex aren't your bumpstops just held in with two self tappers?
                    no. my shocks are. my old bumpstop had only 1 bolt in it and never moved.

Comment

Working...
                    X