Quarter Guards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarter Guards

I was wondering if you guys have any experience with them or not. I am going to make some and i was trying to find out what thickness metal to get. I was thinking 1/8? Also, do they way you down a lot? Pics would be awesome.
    Thanks Zack.
    Lift: 4.5" RC
    Tires: 33" BFG A/T's
    Misc: Hamerred Tan Paint, Homemade Roof Rack, Bumpers and Half Doors.

1/8" is fine. the xj body has a slight contour if you make em' yourself. but some big washers on the otherside and it will curve to the body halfway decent.

i run jcr now because i wanted the integrated taillights and didn't feel like fabbin em' up.
    jcr is 3/16"

and my jeep is heavy enough, these weigh nothin compared to everything else i have added
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

thanks for the input. So your saying the jeep has aslight curve? Did you counter sink the holes or just rivet em on.?
      Lift: 4.5" RC
      Tires: 33" BFG A/T's
      Misc: Hamerred Tan Paint, Homemade Roof Rack, Bumpers and Half Doors.

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
        1/8" is fine. the xj body has a slight contour if you make em' yourself. but some big washers on the otherside and it will curve to the body halfway decent.
        I installed your fenders the other day. The flares were too wide, so I went to plasma cut them off. It was taking forever and I didn't understand why. Once I got them off I saw you used solid rod not pipe or tube! Any who, I was able to bend the bent one back into a reasonably straight. I used 1/4 x 3/4 bolts on mine and decent sized fender washers.
        1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
        1999 sierra
        1967 M725 Big and Slow
        -Dan

Comment

irun the JCR ones as well and they is nice

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by MdgtRac View Post
            thanks for the input. So your saying the jeep has aslight curve? Did you counter sink the holes or just rivet em on.?
            yes on the slight curveage

i just bolted em' countersinking is fancy and all, but extra work. bolt heads sticking out isn't going to make or break you on an obstacle. although jcr runs countersunk bolts and the bolts are included, so i used those.

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
            I installed your fenders the other day. The flares were too wide, so I went to plasma cut them off. It was taking forever and I didn't understand why. Once I got them off I saw you used solid rod not pipe or tube! Any who, I was able to bend the bent one back into a reasonably straight. I used 1/4 x 3/4 bolts on mine and decent sized fender washers.
            lol. those flares were made for a wider dana60 and 13.5" wide iroks and 2.75" of backspacing. still didnt cover em' all
            www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post

lol. those flares were made for a wider dana60 and 13.5" wide iroks and 2.75" of backspacing. still didnt cover em' all
              haha yep, I plan on making some nice narrow ones when I have some time and the weather nice.
              1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
              1999 sierra
              1967 M725 Big and Slow
              -Dan

Comment

Working...
              X