patch a bighorn side wall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patch a bighorn side wall?

i have a 235x85xr16 Maxxis bighorn and just got a 1/4in slice in the side wall. can i patch it and run it on my dd? or is the side wall too weak? I just need to use it till the end of winter. thanks guys

I've heard that those have some really thin sidewalls, and being as it's winter, i wouldn't risk a already weak sidewall being patched/vulcanized because of the chance of hitting something and blowing it out.
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

the best advice I can give you is buy new 1 and patch that one and make it a spare.
      and to answer you question, you canget it fix at a truck stop at their tire shops.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken it costs around $100 to get a tire vulcanized. For that price I would just get another tire. If you're strapped for cash get Mud Dogs, its the same tread
        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

I have multiple patches on all of my BFG's but they are on my trail rig. The biggest slice i have is probably over an inch long. I have watched the slice open up like a mouth as the tire flexxed over a pointy rock and, knock on wood, it has not blown out yet. If you are gonna patch it, I would just make sure that you smooth out the inside of the tire, patch it up, and definitely put it on the back axle.

When i patch mine, i remove the ribbing form the inside of the tire. They also make plug patches. It is a patch with a stem on it to go through the hole. Good luck with your decision.
          2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

Theres a place in norwich that will patch/vulcanize for $20 or $40, can't remember exactly. I wouldn't worry too much about driving around on a patched tire. I did it!

Comment

Thanks so much guys. I'm going to look into vulcanizing

Comment

Working...
              X