Stupid fucking jeeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid fucking jeeps

So over the summer i had to change my TPS sensor. Big deal.

Then recently my IAC went, so i took the throttle body apart cleaned everything and cleaned the IAC. Workd for about a week and it started to run like shit again.

So this week i bought a new IAC and installed it and after 3 days its still running like shit. The high idle is gone but it still wont perform well. IE if i am driving 45 mph and start to go up a hill and put my foot to the floor to get it to down shift it wont. I have to manually down shift in to 3rd.

Ive taken it out on the hwy and its the same thing, get over 45/50mph and try to gun it and it does nothing. WTF

Did my tps go bad again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It ran tip top 3 weeks ago, now this BS.
    Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

adjust the kickdown cable, easy as pie yo. press the button on the throttle cables, pull the throttle body to WOT, release the button.

Comment

OK i will go try that now before i head to work for a few hours. Thanks.

Comment

OK i adjusted the kick down cable and it helped a bit but the jeep is still ocassionally sputtering, still idling very high (1000 to 1500rpm).

I went to Autism Zone and used their scanner and i had 8 codes pop up. 2 for my blown 2nd O2 sensor ive been ignoring, 2 for a bad IAC (i put in a new one two days ago) 2 for my TPS that is 6 months old, and 2 for a bad map sensor that i have yet to replace.

Could a bad map sensor be causing all these issues and making the computer think there is more wrong then there really is? Please help i need to get this fixed asap. I am calling my mechanic tomorrow to see what he says but i gotta get this pos running good again.

Side note, its had a full tune up, new fuel pump, yadda yadda all done within the past year to 2 years.

Comment

map sensor could def do that. check the vacume lines going to it before you replace it. joker is parting out his xj... maybe he could mail you one
          Originally posted by Fast Orange
          if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
          Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
          I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Deffinitly could be the map sensor. I had very same symptoms as yours after I swapped the intake then found out I forgot to hook up the vacuum line.

Comment

I checked out the vac lines today, they dont seem to leak at all, a new map sensor with my discount is $87 so i have to wait till next weekend to do it. I am gonna get ti scanned at my friends shop tomorrow with a better scanner and hopefully that will help me out more and actually clear the codes. So far between sis and local help MAP seems like it may be the issue. Of and a map off a 95 wont work on a 98. They are totally different.

Comment

$87?!?!?!?! i got mine from napa for 45

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                  $87?!?!?!?! i got mine from napa for 45
                  Same here.

Comment

Must have gold inside of it.
                    sigpic
                    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I got mine from napa for $30.

Comment

clear your old codes, they dont go away by themselves some times.
                        "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Working...
                        X