Slow Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Windows

My windows have always been quite slow when either trying to close them all the way, or trying to get them to go down from the top. Once i get the window to start going down, it is easy untill i have to close it fully.

This is only on my front 2 windows, anything i can check or anything i can do to get some more power to each window? Well im at it, can i do anything to increase how well my door locks work?

This is on a 1989 xj Laredo, full power doors
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

My windows were always slow on my old cherokee as well. I used to just click the lock button 50 times before getting out. Usually did the trick. I never cared enough to look into the problem though, I chocked it up to old age.
    Last edited by wannabejeep; 12-09-2010, 01:55 PM.
    1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
    1999 sierra
    1967 M725 Big and Slow
    -Dan

Comment

I am having the same problem. It's annoying as shit for some reason.

Anyone know a fix?
      U.S. Army

Comment

Bump: now my drivers side won't go down unless i push down from the top of the window

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

motors might be shot, as for the doors, strip the panel off the door and plast the shit out of the parts with PB, unfroze both my doors that way.
          1992 xj Briarwood
          Disconnect d30 5.13 Super 35 kit 5.13 36x14x18 TSL's
          Welded front and rear
          13' LED roof lights
          Disco ball
          Truck nuts
          Spinners

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
            My windows were always slow on my old cherokee as well. I used to just click the lock button 50 times before getting out. Usually did the trick. I never cared enough to look into the problem though, I chocked it up to old age.
            Am I missing something here?
            2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

Originally posted by Customjob View Post
              Am I missing something here?
              ?
              1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
              1999 sierra
              1967 M725 Big and Slow
              -Dan

Comment

my drivers side is working better now, it is really bad when it is cold out like early morning. My pass side get caught on something when it's fully down, so im gonna pull the panel tomorrow if it's not raining, and pb blast the shit out of it.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Its an 89 and it has power windows and locks? Lucky, my 96 is all manual. Did you do an upgrade or did it come all power?
                  Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailer Ray View Post
                    Its an 89 and it has power windows and locks? Lucky, my 96 is all manual. Did you do an upgrade or did it come all power?
                    Stock, my 1990, and my other 89 (first parts jeep) all had power, it's a Laredo

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

just lube everything and clean the connections to the window motor.

Comment

Well, got some snow last night/this morning, go out to the jeep, and the pass side window won't budge at all, and the drivers side window moves maybe 1/8th inch down, and won't budge.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Working...
                        X