tj fender removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tj fender removal

who's pulled the fenders off their tj before? i need to pull mine off and i'm a little lost. i see the 3 bolts that hold it to the grill and 4 bolts that hold it to the tub but how is the inner fender held in place?
    2 tj's
    3 yj's
    2 xj's
    i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

theres the grille bolts, the bolts on firewall/tub then from inner fender area there are bolts that bolt fender to battery tray, thee is another bolt underneath the jeep on rear of fender (near body) if i remember right also. its been awhile since ive had both my fenders off . took them both off and modified them when i did the high-line

the outer+inner fender come off one piece.
    Last edited by 1cleantj; 12-07-2010, 06:15 PM.
    up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
    eliminator MJ - Sold
    99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
    Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

i was hoping you'd see this. think i can get both fenders off and back on in an afternoon? . . . with some drinking involved
      2 tj's
      3 yj's
      2 xj's
      i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

yea you could. there isnt much holding them on honestly. once you remove the bolts, then the wiring/underhood stuff that is attached to them they come right off.

edit -

here is a good photo i have showing the bolts in the fender well i was talking about

pass side holds battery tray, drivers side holds bracket
        Last edited by 1cleantj; 12-07-2010, 07:05 PM.
        up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
        eliminator MJ - Sold

Comment

are you putting tube fenders on or highline ? or just fixing a bad fender ?
          eliminator MJ - Sold

Comment

wow....great pictures! you should put up the finished product.

Comment

theres many around

pretty much retains stock look with gaining around 3 to 3.5" more clearance without raising CoG

I used a bolt and few nuts and a wingnut for awhile then spent the $15 for hood pins after running like that for like 1.5yrs it was good without the hood pins although my hood moved a little at 75mph

here is it on 33's with the highline and hood pins

eliminator MJ - Sold

Comment

looks sweet!

Comment

Working...
                X