Bedliner vs. Temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
    you didn't answer my question. Are you talking about the spray on stuff or some kind of roll on stuff? I don't know how else to prep for spraypaint other than shaking the can, and scuffing the surface before painting it. Mine wasn't anywhere close to 60 grit.

John make sure you stir the herc. often as you're applying it. Otherwise the grit will all settle to the bottom and it won't come out right.
    I used the spray stuff. What did you scuff with? I used 200 grit then a Brillo pad, and sprayed it three times or so.
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
      I used the spray stuff. What did you scuff with? I used 200 grit then a Brillo pad, and sprayed it three times or so.
      oh ok I used a DA and I forget what grit paper. Then sprayed it with two coats. Mine wasn't smooth, but I wouldn't say it was sand paper material. But who knows.
      1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
      1999 sierra
      1967 M725 Big and Slow
      -Dan

Comment

oh ok I used a DA and I forget what grit paper. Then sprayed it with two coats. Mine wasn't smooth, but I wouldn't say it was sand paper material. But who knows.
        i've heard a lot of different results.
        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
        MK2 Jetta > M3
        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Another vote for Duplicolor is GARBAGE.

But, looks like you already took care of that.

Comment

But it's not textured like rhino liner or herculiner.
            I actually got Herculiner, but am going with Rhino instead because I didnt like the texture of Herculiner. I heard that Rhino is more rubberized, and for me, thats what I am shooting for. Herculiner felt like a layer of plastic to me.
            "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
            It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed View Post
              I actually got Herculiner, but am going with Rhino instead because I didnt like the texture of Herculiner. I heard that Rhino is more rubberized, and for me, thats what I am shooting for. Herculiner felt like a layer of plastic to me.
              I'll take that can off your hands
              Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
              didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
              Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
              he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
              Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
              i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Maybe, I may still have to go with the Herc, even though I dont want to. Getting Rhino sprayed starts at like $700 for the interior of the tub. not sure i'f i can come up with that much by the time I need it done. We'll know by this summer, but its probably yours.
                "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Working...
                X