new dana 44 and 8.8 install question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new dana 44 and 8.8 install question

Looking to buy a dana 44 new geared to 4.88 and have a locker in it. Wondering wat are some good brands that arent too too expensive and also looking for some advice on putting a 8.8 in a tj
    2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
    97' zj
    2012 surbra imperza DD
    im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Yukon gear all day err day
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

I went with yukon gears from Complete Offroad. Most guys on here go that route. Check it out.

http://completeoffroad.com/
      "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
      It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

ya i going to order my gears for the 8.8 from but i found a better deal and im looking for a 44 all buiklt already ready to just bolt in
        Last edited by hoggie101; 12-05-2010, 12:36 PM.
        97' zj
        2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

This must be why you called yesterday, sorry i havent gotten back to you yet i was up in mass and missed your call. Yukon gears are good, i run em, so does pretty much like 80% of the people here.

for a d44 front.....
          esp new... you have a couple options, you could pay a shop to build you one, all you need to do is get a hp44 housing (i have one that you could take if you want)

for axle tubes, gears/locker installed, knuckles, c's, hubs, brakes, chromolly axles, brackets set up. basically a bolt in axle, you are going to be looking at between 2,000 and 3,000 bucks from somewhere like clayton.

Cheapest option is find a waggy 44, let me take it, weld you up our high clearance bracket kit, only disadvantage is that its low pinion. but this option, geared, locked, chromo outers would probably only run you about 1500-1800 ready to go in.

Or you could go the expensive route:
          Solid Axle options:
          http://www.solidaxle.com/productcart...?idCategory=18

Dynatrac: ProRock or TrailSeries either is a great unit
          http://www.dynatrac.com/products_trailseries44.html

Most of the pricing on these is custom cause there are so many options, if you want to save a few bucks, let me know if you are taking this route and order the axle with no brackets on it.

Or you could be a total badass and spend $6000 on this setup:
          http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...86&p=5999.9500

If you are going to spend that kind of money on a front end though, I'd honestly recommend going with that currie 9 or a D60, its not much more but the strength factor is well worth it. You basically could run any reasonable tire size you want and never have to worry about it. ohhh and even if you go with a 44 and want to keep the jeep streetable go with an ARB locker and drive flanges, better setup than a conventional locker with lockout hubs.

Also, do you have brackets yet for your 8.8??
          Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 12-05-2010, 12:52 PM.
          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

yes thats part of the reason i called and im im getting the 8.8 geared at school hopefully this week and order the parts for the install so if you wanna help me with the install id appreciate it alot
            97' zj
            2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

p.s also looking around for some won tons
              97' zj
              2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

Ask Rokheep. I think he's the subject matter expert.
                2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                MK2 Jetta > M3
                Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

i been working alot and with finals commin up basically i only have the weekends, and i should be free to lend a hand. I'll see what i can do for brackets for you.

I'll give ya a ring alittle later on.
                  No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Waggy 44 front 8.8 rear, make sure you get matching lug patterns

or atleast carry your spare unmounted and carry 3 prybars
                    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                    2001 wj tbd
                    1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                      Waggy 44 front 8.8 rear, make sure you get matching lug patterns

or atleast carry your spare unmounted and carry 3 prybars
                      truth
                      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                      didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
                      Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
                      he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
                      Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
                      i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                        i been working alot and with finals commin up basically i only have the weekends, and i should be free to lend a hand. I'll see what i can do for brackets for you.

I'll give ya a ring alittle later on.
                        Im gonna be at wok for a long ass time so if i dont answer im at work and ill call you back after work
                        97' zj
                        2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

Working...
                        X