4.10 or 4.56 gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.10 or 4.56 gears

I have a 2in bblift with 30" tires and a 4.0 motor with a 8.8 rear and a Dana 30 front. I know it'll never be like stock but anyway, I figure that if I gonna keep it for a while since this is my only vehicle as of now, I might as well regear now instead of later. So 4.10 or 4.56? Mostly I drive around town and to school but I'm on the freeway some also, I probably won't go to 35's ever. also this is a 5 speed 2 door cherokee, and i will eventually go to 33in soon aswell.
    1998 2Dr Cherokee. 4.0 HO with an AX-15 5spd and NP231. Dana 30HP front and ford 8.8 rear.
    .,=====o00o ______________
    //___l__,\____\,___ ____
    l_---\____l----[]lllllll[] _
    _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

4.56 if youre goin 33s.
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

if you are going to 33s def go 456. I had 456 with an AX-15 and loved it. Do you go wheeling often? if Yes, do 456, if you do all mall crawling do 410 for better mpg's. I choose 4.56 though and loved every minute of it.

What gearing do you have know? 3.07 with the 8.8? Or did you bump up to 3.55?
      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Go low as you can go, I have 4.56's and 33's on an auto and wish I went to 4.88. With the AX-15 maybe you wouldnt want to go lower then 4.56's for 33's.
        01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by iant333 View Post
          Go low as you can go, I have 4.56's and 33's on an auto and wish I went to 4.88. With the AX-15 maybe you wouldnt want to go lower then 4.56's for 33's.
          I wouldn't go much deeper then 4.88. After that your ring gear becomes the weaker link in the set up.
          I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
            I wouldn't go much deeper then 4.88. After that your ring gear becomes the weaker link in the set up.
            dont you mean pinion gear?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
              if you are going to 33s def go 456. I had 456 with an AX-15 and loved it. Do you go wheeling often? if Yes, do 456, if you do all mall crawling do 410 for better mpg's. I choose 4.56 though and loved every minute of it.

What gearing do you have know? 3.07 with the 8.8? Or did you bump up to 3.55?
              my buddy had an 8.8 with 3.55 gearing that matched my D30 so i couldn't pass it up for the price that he wanted for it. Yes i do go wheeling often, whenever work will allow me.
              1998 2Dr Cherokee. 4.0 HO with an AX-15 5spd and NP231. Dana 30HP front and ford 8.8 rear.
              //___l__,\____\,___ ____
              _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

Comment

also i want to add that this is my DD and that i do need some speed for the highway to get back and forth from school.
                //___l__,\____\,___ ____
                _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

Comment

- Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                  or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                  Originally posted by DizzDizz
                  aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                    This.
                    sigpic
                    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Working...
                    X