school me on bored tbs please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• school me on bored tbs please

I mean, I know what they are and what they do, also where to get one online. However, I was wondering if anyone on here makes them? I thought I saw something about someone maybe doing it but I could be wrong. Also, to anybody running one currently, feedback would be appreciated, thanks. I saw a few different sizes, what would be recommended for the 4.0/ what size do you guys run?
    Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

i run one that i did myself and would do one for you 50 bucks and your tb as a core.
    It adds a bit more power/torque but you also need an cai as well in order to get the maximum benefits from this.

Comment

School me on the cai please. That's something I didn't know..

Comment

cai (custom air intake)

Comment

Ahh, I'm an idiot. Lol just woke up, its cold. Now would you say a cold air setup is what you mean or something like Modding the existing box or something?

Comment

coldair intake setup, like a cone filter

Comment

Ok cool, now, I had one of those on my other jeep and it was ok, but its kinda dangerous to run isn't it? I mean with water and mud and stuff from wheeling? That's why I didn't do one on this one. I could be wrong, but hey if I get better throttle response and everything then I guess it'd be worth the risk haha.

Comment

well it's only dangerous if you plan on driving across deep rivers and streams ect, put an outterwears on them and the dust wont hurt it bad at all, the main thing is to clean the airfilter with every oil change(it's what I do) and it shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

http://www.thor4x4.com/html/xj_cowl_induction.html
                  this is what I would get or copy

Comment

That doeasnt look hard to duplicate at all. Thanks man. Ill have to let you know when I'd be ready to grab one.

Comment

Not here to school you but IMO its a waste of time and money. You really hurting for power that bad with your Jeep? Gear it
                      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                        Not here to school you but IMO its a waste of time and money. You really hurting for power that bad with your Jeep? Gear it
                        No, I'm not hurting for anything really,cept maybe lockers . I've just heard from quite a few people that its not a bad upgrade to do to get a little more throttle response and a bit of power. I mean, I can't argue with 50 bucks for something that people are paying about 100 for. I know a few people on here run them. I plan on gearing eventually so I figure it wouldn't be a bad upgrade to have when I do decide to regear.

Comment

there's nothing wrong with some simple bolt-on mods to your engine

Comment

FWIW, Jon's right- for any actual power gains, gears. Throwing a cone on the end of your intake doesn't make it CAI. You still need to separate it from the engine bay ambient temperature somehow, and usually they only reduce air temps entering the engine by a few degrees. A baffle of some sorts (similar to what the K&N setups have) will help, but in reality, the best way to actually reduce incoming air temp is to get the filter out of the engine bay. Some people have run it into the dead spot under the wiper arms on the right side of the windshield, but that generates cabin noise sometimes.
                            2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                            MK2 Jetta > M3
                            Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I bored mine out myself to about 63mm and had to make a new throttle plate. I wouldn't go out and spend money on one myself but I did notice some improvement with my ass dyno.

Comment

Working...
                              X