Homebrew Lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homebrew Lift

Homebrew, Junkyard, Budget, whatever you want to call them.
    Who has done them? What was the outcome? Any suggestions?
    I'm looking for around four inches of lift.
    Ryan
    2013 Wrangler

http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/...udget_Lift.htm
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

Check out the rock lizard budget boost, I think he only went with 2" but you'll get the idea. I know for shocks for the rear you can use 1995 Ford f150 shocks, they are good for up to 5" of lift. I actually run them with 3" and I like them. Plenty of extension and compression for me. I ran zj v8 coils with 2" spacers for about 4" of lift, but the ride quality was terrible. Go to cherokeeforum.com under Cherokee tech and there's a sticky up top, its called junkyard parts that fit your xj, you'll find a ton of info there.
      Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

I know about the thread on cherokee forum and jeep forum about what to use. I'm looking for anyone's experiences, whether they have built a budget lift, or have comments on them.
        Ryan
        2013 Wrangler

Comment

ran them on the bastard packs they were always soft and had some axle wrap issues. ran f100 coils which net 2.5" to 3" i liked the coils. on the budget you cant go too wrong. put in some wj lca's which are boxed and bent
          1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
          2001 wj tbd
          1974 5 ton

Comment

Well for 2" the zj coils weren't bad but with spacers it kinda sucked lol. I ran f150 lowering shackles in my jeep which give an xj up to 2" of lift with stock springs. You can get them at autozone for like 30 bucks and they're pretty beefy. They keep them in the towing aisle next to the lift block kits.
            Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

homebrew lift is called...... get your jeep to my house so i can see this fucker....
              i got the lift setup from my green jeep.... and it cost me abotu ... 0 dollah... just sayin
              Originally posted by Ktmracer419
              some people choose video games
              some choose projects
              some choose welding random things together

Comment

Well Andy that sounds like a plan. Now all I need is time to get down there.
                Ryan
                2013 Wrangler

Comment

Working...
                X