Dana 35 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana 35 question

Any easy way to tell if a dana 35 has upgraded shafts?

yuppp, what size tires do you have??

if they are 33's or larger..... rev limit it and then drop the clutch out on pavement, you hear a loud snap, then you don't have upgraded shafts.
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Don't listen to Zullo.

If you remove the axle from your jeep and set it on fire, that is the best way to tell if it is upgraded.
      sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

or any size tire for that matter
        God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Most shafts look exactly the same so its doubtful you will be able to tell just be looking at it. Unless it has the companys name on it but that's not likely
          I drive a Datsun

Comment

Figured i was going to get alot of crap for this post Are aftermarket/stock shafts stamped in any way? its a non c-clip welded with 33's and has seen alot of abuse, I'm surprised it hasnt blown up.

Comment

Take a picture and post it up...

If I look at said picture and your shafts snap... well, that just means they are D35 shafts... so I donno how much help I could be. sorry.
              "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
              It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Originally posted by XjFtw View Post
                Figured i was going to get alot of crap for this post Are aftermarket/stock shafts stamped in any way? its a non c-clip welded with 33's and has seen alot of abuse, I'm surprised it hasnt blown up.
                A welded dana 35 carrier on 33's? if that hasn't broken then the world must be coming to an end. I locked my 2nd one up on 33's just cruising down a hill
                God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

dana35s are the biggest waste of steel

Comment

who would waste money on doing any type of "so called" upgrade on one of them?

Comment

Working...
                    X