Coil question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil question

Does anybody else's coils slope inwards twards the bottom at they sit on the axle? I just put new 4.5 inch rough country coils in...So I slapped my old coils back in quick but they still slope in... Maybe I just never noticed until now, and I thought my axle was off but my trac bar hasnt been touched in months and both coils slope inward equally on both sides. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this..The jeep doesnt handle any differently and the coils dont make funky bends under flex..
    98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

thats weird, we looked at it lastnight and my coils seemed to be str8, if it rides/flexes good I say call it good.
    Last edited by clean4drxj; 11-12-2010, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Do you mean it arks towards the tire in the center? mine does that and it's because my trackbar isn't raised on the axle mount
      God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

They dont ark..just move slightly inwards as they get closer and sit on the axle...What Im confused about it they are like that equally on both sides, I dont remember them ever doing that..but whatev
        98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

it could just take them a little while to settle.. I just put 3" coils in my xj out of a Comanche in the jy and it took them a couple days to sit right on the axle..
          Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

This is quite possible

Comment

especially if theyre new... theyre not really used to having the weight on them and they will soften into position..
              Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Working...
              X