AW4 Stalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AW4 Stalling

In my 89 xj, under slight acceleration, the jeep will stall. I swapped the tps which fixed the idle issue, and now it idles around 700 rpm when in park. I would say about a week ago, the jeep started to sputter when slightly accelerating but never actually stall. Now i've stalled it 4 times in the past two days so everyone at school who doesn't personally know me, thinks the jeep is standard.

Im thinking a fuel filter issue?? haven't replaced it since i've owned it for the past year, and don't know when/if it was ever replaced.
    And what do your jeeps idle at?
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Swapped in the old a.s motor and now it's fine

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Mine used to stall all the time, my egr valve was opening at the wrong time and it would just die. I drove it for damn near a year like that, just got used to how it liked to be driven. No one else could drive it though lol. I disconnected the egr and all was good.
      1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
      1999 sierra
      1967 M725 Big and Slow
      -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
        Mine used to stall all the time, my egr valve was opening at the wrong time and it would just die. I drove it for damn near a year like that, just got used to how it liked to be driven. No one else could drive it though lol. I disconnected the egr and all was good.
        Thanks man, i pulled the egr connector off and it's good as new

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

that vacuum line that goes to it right?
          1999 sierra
          1967 M725 Big and Slow
          -Dan

Comment

no, i pulled the actual connector, only thing i really have to worry about is if the engine starts to ping, and risk throwing the bearings.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Ha bearings are over rated. Mine ran great like that till it was permanently parked. But if you plan to keep it around for a while you might wanna look into grabbing another egr
              1999 sierra
              1967 M725 Big and Slow
              -Dan

Comment

Working...
              X