Running like poop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running like poop.

My engine just started running like serious poop today. Randomly after starting it, within five minutes or so it would start to skip, almost die, and then run fine. I let it sit at idle for about five minutes and it did it again. After hitting the throttle a bit it went away.

Someone better with 4.0's than me, explain the possibilities.
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Spray FI cleaner in the throttle body and see if that helps. Never a bad idea to run a fuel system cleaner through it
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

could be bad gas, mine was running like that, turned out i had a small hole in my gas tank and was running on sandy water

Comment

put some dry gas in, hows the plug wires, cap, rotor ? change the fuel filter if it's never been done

Comment

cps?

Comment

check fuel pressure while you are at it. sounds like it might be fuel related

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

I cleaned a small sandpit's worth of Rausch mud out of my air filter... the upper side was clean but the underside was solid coal mud. It helped a lot. I still need to check rail pressure but I'm going to do that at the same time I fashion up a NSS bypass.
              MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

i bet its from when you drove through that mudhole in pa where we were gonna leave you
                I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                  i bet its from when you drove through that mudhole in pa where we were gonna leave you

I woulda been sad.

It probably is though. That was fun. Junior turned Gunmetal Grey.
                  MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

X2 on the fuel ijection cleaner,the 4.0's get carbon build up on the valve seat and will misfire and as the valve rotates it will seat better in certain spots and the motor will run good.I have some good bg fi cleaner,i can give it to dizzy next time i see him.

Comment

Originally posted by doubleuj17 View Post
                      X2 on the fuel ijection cleaner,the 4.0's get carbon build up on the valve seat and will misfire and as the valve rotates it will seat better in certain spots and the motor will run good.I have some good bg fi cleaner,i can give it to dizzy next time i see him.
                      That'd be awesome!

Cleaning the intake and the filter helped a lot, but it's still randomly misfiring.
                      MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

Well SwampAss! Moisture can form / capacitor C. This moisture can cause mold and odor. There are products you can spray / C air vents, which will kill mold and remove the odor. In addition, there is a water valve in the pipe somewhere near the condenser / C. Make sure that this gap in the pipe is open. Notice the water dripping from somewhere near the firewall on the passenger side of the vehicle when the AC is running.

Comment

mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                          2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                          and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
                            The troll, or the random entrance into the Wrenching Zone that happened on 95?
                            MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

Working...
                            X