check engine light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check engine light

ok so my check engine light is on i got the codes scanned and this is what they are
    p1899 park switch
    p0700 trans control system malfunction
    p0463 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Input
    p0705 Transmission Range Sensor Circuit malfunction(PRNDL Input)

i read how to fix the park switch and the fuel level i guess they are common problems but not to sure on the other 2

Usually a P0705 means your TRS (transmission range sensor) is shot. It is what looks like an old backup light/neutral safety switch and is attached to the transmission where the shift lever goes in. not 100% sure but thats what i would do first, not too expensive either hope it helps

Comment

What's the fix for the control system malfunction besides swapping TCMs? I tried that and it didn't go away.
      2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
      MK2 Jetta > M3
      Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Your P0700 code needs to be addressed. if you replaced the tcm you might need a scan tool or have a dealer reprogram it.

Comment

Next time your under your jeep SWAMPASS you might want to replace or re-bend your tranny pan...... if people only knew what it looked like after the rock garden.. BUT IT WAS BADASSSS... honored to be a passsenger, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sphinx6211 View Post
            Next time your under your jeep SWAMPASS you might want to replace or re-bend your tranny pan...... if people only knew what it looked like after the rock garden.. BUT IT WAS BADASSSS... honored to be a passsenger, lol
            Werd... Looks like a sardine can.

The code happened before that though.
            MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

well, stop by sometime and we can go to my neighbors house. I worked with him at a tranny shop. He has a snap on scanner the gooood 1 and we can see whats up and what he recomends.

Comment

sounds like a plan!

/thread jack...
                MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

My po700 code came up when I bypassed my nss to try and diagnose a no start. If you've done this wire it back together and reset the computer by discoing the battery. Then Go through the drive cycle and scan it again. Other than that it might be solenoids or one of the sensors on the tranny. I'm not sure if I've gotten rid of mine completely yet, my cel is constantly on and off which I could care less about cuz its running strong and I passed inspection
                  Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

yea i will repleace that switch, is that some thing autozone has or a dealer part. it runs fine now shifts smothly through all gears but i have a feeling my emissions is coming up, conssidering when i registered it the guy at dmv said the las time it has been expired since 08

Comment

I've heard the autozone ones are junk, idk if they carry it or not. Some people have said you can get them for a decent price on eBay or Amazon or something like that, cuz its a fairly expensive dealer part.
                      Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Working...
                      X